Cadets 2017

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

If you are going off the schedule that is posted on the Cadets app, I'm not sure that's correct.  The schedule for the next two days is identical, and that's just not possible.  From what I have been told, the corps is very excited about tuning up these two days for the prelims.  Morale is extremely high, they were very pleased with the progress they made at last night's show, and NO ONE has checked out.  Please get your facts straight.

The "facts" were probably based on what Hop said in his FB Live yesterday after the show... that they missed a laundry day down at Franklin Field last week so today was going to be one, after rehearsal from 10 until 6, I believe. Then tomorrow all day rehearsal from 9 AM to 10 PM. 

Edited by kkpjm16
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

The "facts" were probably based on what Hop said in his FB Live yesterday after the show... that they missed a laundry day down at Franklin Field last week so today was going to be one, after rehearsal from 10 until 6, I believe. Then tomorrow all day rehearsal from 9 AM to 10 PM. 

DCI gives no medals for whitest tightie whities.................or not yet at least. The WGI folk may be soon changing that too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

DCI gives no medals for whitest tightie whities.................or not yet at least. The WGI folk may be soon changing that too.

I doubt it's about the color after a couple days.

• Like 2

Just now, xandandl said:

mentally checked out, not physically removed. I don't do apps and am reading what the corps posted this morning on its page. I agree the mms are enthusiastic. It's the staff that seems to be slagging. However, although no practice time, GH's pontifications are still scheduled.

The corps started practicing an hour ago, and will do so until dinner at 6:30 (I think they are allowed to eat lunch in there somewhere).  They are working hard, and the staff is working hard with them.  I don't know how many competitive teams you have been a part of, but when the playoffs come everyone gets up for it.  Sure, if you are an aging star on a last place baseball team in September you might mail it in, but that's not what is happening here.  

Even if you are only competing for 6th place, you don't do something like this unless you have pride and drive, and it's no different whether you are a player or a coach.  This corps is about to perform three shows at Lucas Oil Stadium in front of a packed house every night, and what they do out there represents the sum total of work from November at the first camp until August.

Maybe the design is not what it should be, maybe the corps is too young, maybe the staff isn't a well-oiled machine because of all the changes.  But that doesn't mean they are not trying their best and running through the tape.  I'm proud of all of them - including George, for rolling the dice on something that no one has tried before.  I can tell you this.  Out of all the corps, the shows that I don't get tired of watching are Blue Devils, Crown (and frankly I have no idea why - maybe it's that voice), The Academy, and The Cadets.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, xandandl said:

However, although no practice time, GH's pontifications are still scheduled.

I don't know if you were trying to be funny but I LOL'd at this.  

54 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Seemed like we (Gahfield) only did laundry twice in 1984. Not sure this is an issue since they had planned to do this last week but opted to wait since they were at Franklin Field.At some point it is what it is and just working the members to death will not do anything other than push them away for next year. With a younger corps the goal to retain as many as members as you can for next year. I know that was what the staff was preaching in 1986. The show was what it was. It was design issues... not member performance. So many staff, while still striving to get the show as good as possible, also began to focus on retention. This included how we rehearsed. This strategy worked well and laid the ground work for the 1987 Championship. Maybe we could be so lucky again!

maybe some downtime will do wonders for their stamina and mental health

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

This is incorrect.  SCV's championship winning winter guard is basically the staff of Bluecoats.  SCV decided to not put a winter guard out so Bluecoats will be putting a new World class guard out manned by the same staff.  Onyx will also be putting their guard out (despite saying after WGI they are done!).

Kind of confusing. So SCV past WGI World Class guard staff is or is not part of the SCV guard staff during the summer?

Just now, afd said:

Kind of confusing. So SCV past WGI World Class guard staff is or is not part of the SCV guard staff during the summer?

no and Cadets winter guard while it was out and CWP werent tied to Cadets either