Cadets 2017

Just now, afd said:

dKind of confusing. So SCV past WGI World Class guard staff is or is not part of the SCV guard staff during the summer?

JVD and Greg Lagola were doing SCV winter guard designing while also doing Bloo's summer designing. 

Denise Bonfiglio was doing both SCV''s Winterguard and summer corps faculty supervision.

New CEO at SCV said enough. Either you are with SCV or Bloo.

JVD and Lagola stayed with Bloo. Thus endeth SCV winterguard.

Bloo announced a new winter guard when Onyx (Michael Lentz and based also in Ohio) announced they were going to Europe. Now supposedly Onyx isn't going to Europe. 

Stay tuned.

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

JVD and Greg Lagola were doing SCV winter guard designing while also doing Bloo's summer designing. 

Denise Bonfiglio was doing both SCV''s Winterguard and summer corps faculty supervision.

New CEO at SCV said enough. Either you are with SCV or Bloo.

JVD and Lagola stayed with Bloo. Thus endeth SCV winterguard.

Bloo announced a new winter guard when Onyx (Michael Lentz and based also in Ohio) announced they were going to Europe. Now supposedly Onyx isn't going to Europe. 

Stay tuned.

The plot thickens.....

I assumed Jim Moore and Vanderkoff would be doing Bloos guard?  Not Michael Lentz

2 hours ago, candymancan said:

I know mamy of the current mm's and their mental health and stamina is just fine.  The laundry block this evening is to make up for the one they didn't get last week (and it will be a nice small break for them).  Those kids are loving their lives and the show this season.  They are somewhat frustrated and confused (as are many) as to why they aren't scoring higher.  (And no, before someone attacks me for this, they know the shouldn't be much higher).  Nonetheless, this is the closest the Cadets have been as a whole in quite some time and they are loving their time together and even more so, loving this show.  They read the hatred that is thrown on these forums and they don't understand it, but they truly believe in what they are doing and believe in themselves and the show.  It's truly heartwarming.  GO CADETS!!

I am uncertain what you mean by the embolden statement above. As a family spirit, I would agree but again that would only be a subjective observation that the corps mms seem to have lost the clique mentality that dominated last season. Competitively close, that is not a factually true statement; ranking seventh is not close especially compared to the last half dozen years for instance.

In the words of one of my sponsorees:  "I didn't pay 4 thousand dollars for a Best Laundromats of the USA Tour. It's unethical."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Just Here said:

I would be hard pressed to pay out this sum for an experience with any drum corps regardless of placement.

all costs included (transp. to winter camps and auditions, membership, tour fees, uniform fees, et. al.) that is what it costs today. Some prices may vary due to location and organization.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, xandandl said:

In the words of one of my sponsorees:  "I didn't pay 4 thousand dollars for a Best Laundromats of the USA Tour. It's unethical."

Have you walked past the open door of any of the tour buses?  If there is one thing they are not overindulging in, it's laundry. :-)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, candymancan said:

I know mamy of the current mm's and their mental health and stamina is just fine.  The laundry block this evening is to make up for the one they didn't get last week (and it will be a nice small break for them).  Those kids are loving their lives and the show this season.  They are somewhat frustrated and confused (as are many) as to why they aren't scoring higher.  (And no, before someone attacks me for this, they know the shouldn't be much higher).  Nonetheless, this is the closest the Cadets have been as a whole in quite some time and they are loving their time together and even more so, loving this show.  They read the hatred that is thrown on these forums and they don't understand it, but they truly believe in what they are doing and believe in themselves and the show.  It's truly heartwarming.  GO CADETS!!

who said they weren't? but some downtime can only be a good thing. extra rest. clear your head kinda thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candymancan said:

You think like a grunt in a quiet foxhole imagining you are somehow being attacked, an imaginary siege mentality. 

Open your eyes and think about years past as well as now. 

Criticism of the Exec is anything but hatred.  And far far from any criticism of the MMs.  

Hop is not the Board, the staff, the MMs, the alumni and friends, and he is most definitely not The Cadets.  

Everyone in the Cadets family ALWAYS puts the MMs first. We all want everyone to have the best education, experience, and opportunity to succeed in corps and mostly in life.  

I loathe and chuckle at the term "haters" as it's usually thrown out there by the blinkered, immature, prejudiced, and provincial. 

I love the Cadets enough to open my eyes, to have opened my wallet, and offer my deeply considered opinions, as hard as they are to have, and share them publicly.  There is no longer any option but to go public and push for fundamental organizational change, finally beginning this time at the top. 

Edited by 87cadet
Typo
  • Like 1