Cadets 2017

On 8/6/2017 at 9:46 PM, Ghost said:

Maybe JW the judges have spoken like they have with the majority of the other corps.

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

GH made a comment on his recent video interview that probably has a lot of truth to it: if they clean clean clean it won't make a ton of difference or sway judges opinion of them where as if they make significant changes they have more chance of changing judge opinion. 

So he's thrown in the towel for this year?  How else is one supposed to read his comments?  The mm, instructional staff, parents, and alumni must really feel great about this.

Edited by Ghost

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

So he's thrown in the towel for this year?  How else is one supposed to read his comments?  The mm, instructional staff, parents, and alumni must really feel great about this.

I didn't interpret it as "they have thrown the towel in" - quite the opposite-keep pushing, changing and refining til they cross the finish line. 

Edited by DCI-86

8 hours ago, Garfield8687 said:

Laundry and swim time. Good to go. Maybe next year shoot for 8th. 

I think that's a bit harsh over the top don't you think?  From my understanding the Blue Knights had laundry and their banquet yesterday?  Will that keep them out of finals???  Get a grip!

• Like 2

I know we want this thread to get to 1000 pages before finals...but arguing over laundry?

The blue devils and SCV have members in the performers showcase today. They are in 1st and 2nd place and I don't see anybody flaming them.

• Like 3

Just now, ThePlanets said:

The blue devils and SCV have members in the performers showcase today. They are in 1st and 2nd place and I don't see anybody flaming them.

With the chance to finish first, DCI life is good for these two corps.

4 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I know we want this thread to get to 1000 pages before finals...but arguing over laundry?

Speaking of, where/when is that being held?

5 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Speaking of, where/when is that being held?

http://m.dci.org/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211660380

That's a mobile link to the details.  Looks like it's at the convention center starting at noonish

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

With the chance to finish first, DCI life is good for these two corps.

Yeah...it's good for SCV. This is the first time since 1999 that they have been a serious contender. Yes life is finally good for SCV.

• Like 2