Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

I didn't interpret it as "they have thrown the towel in" - quite the opposite-keep pushing, changing and refining til they cross the finish line. 

His comments were referring to work between the regionals. He stated then and also yesterday that NOW the corps is in "get clean" mode 

folks really love to take things out of context and overreact (not you, others)

The corps day runs from 10am until 11pm today, hardly a sign of punching out lol 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, afd said:

Yeah...it's good for SCV. This is the first time since 1999 that they have been a serious contender. Yes life is finally good for SCV.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Crown may overtake SCV - A month ago I was sure it would be Bluecoats beating Crown, but they might have to worry about Cavs.  For some reason, Crown's show seems to be growing on people.  Sure they have the great horn line, but their percussion is working well and their guard has improved by leaps and bounds - kudos to their staff.  They have balanced the vocals and the horns nicely, and the recent addition of the costume change of the singer between the sections is a smart move as well.  I hope they get rid of the mad scramble at the end, but they seem to be making the right calls so far, so what do I know?  Cadets (and all corps) can learn something from what they have done this year.

2 hours ago, GlenI said:

I think you guys are losing your minds. :poke: Doing a southern tour in 100 degree weather with high humidity and rehearsing in the sun for 12 to 14 hrs a day is tough enough. If you are familiar with how elite athletes train - whether it be riders on the Tour de France or professional boxers - you'll know that overtraining is as harmful to performance as not being prepared. Adding unsanitary conditions of not having clean undergarments in these circumstances (especially given the close quarters of the MMs) can't possibly improve the physical and mental state of the performers. Implying that the performance would benefit from the MMs suffering through it and showing up with filthy clothes to the finals is just wrong-headed. At a certain point, discomfort is just discomfort and doesn't build character or add anything positive to the show or the personal development of the kids. I trust the staff to know how hard to push and when to ease off.   

Thank you. Well said!

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Ditto 

Yarp...had all the same expectations as stated above but Crown is the one that appears to be surging and SCV is a bit static with cleaning and maxing out the ending.  My gut still says BC ahead of Cavies but I am not so sure about SCV being safely in the silver position right now.

BC will shine in the dome and the crowd will be into it. It may get closer but all scores get closer as we approach 100.

• Like 2

So my kids and I were listening to the show last night, and noticed something we hadn't before...at the very end of the choir's spoken opener, while the MM are spinning into the center circle, you hear what appears to be "and it was God d@mn good". Does anyone know the actual words spoken in the beginning?

1 minute ago, kkpjm16 said:

So my kids and I were listening to the show last night, and noticed something we hadn't before...at the very end of the choir's spoken opener, while the MM are spinning into the center circle, you hear what appears to be "and it was God d@mn good". Does anyone know the actual words spoken in the beginning?

It's a quote from "God Said," one of the movements of the Mass. This movement is basically a satirical/humorous portrayal of the creation story. I believe they're quoting day one, which would make the lyrics:

"God said, Let there be light, and there was
God said, Let there be night, and there was
God said, Let there be day, and there was
Day to follow the night,
And it was good, brother
And it was good, brother
And it was good, brother
And it was God-d@mn good."

Cadets take out the third "And it was good, brother," though.

9 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

It's a quote from "God Said," one of the movements of the Mass. This movement is basically a satirical/humorous portrayal of the creation story. I believe they're quoting day one, which would make the lyrics:

"God said, Let there be light, and there was
God said, Let there be night, and there was
God said, Let there be day, and there was
Day to follow the night,
And it was good, brother
And it was good, brother
And it was good, brother
And it was God-d@mn good."

Cadets take out the third "And it was good, brother," though.

Kids said there was no way that's what was being said...now I have official DCP proof! Go Cadets!