Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

To be fair to the kids, they didn't have the last line in until...San Antonio week, I think?

I heard this early in the season... way before SA

2 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

To be fair to the kids, they didn't have the last line in until...San Antonio week, I think?

I hadn't noticed it before and I've watched every show I could. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the words, but enjoying the chaos on the field.

Edited by kkpjm16

19 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Where did you get the idea that Mike Lentz is doing Bloo's guard?  He is not. 

Bluecoats will have 2 WGI guards in 2018 Artistry IN BLUE will continue in Open Class.  Bluecoats Indoor, competing in World Class, will be under the direction of Bluecoats Executive Director David Glasgow. Bluecoats Artistic Director Jon Vanderkolff, Choreographer Jim Moore, Choreographer Greg Lagola, and Choreographer Carol Abohatab will serve as the creative team for the program.  Christopher Drake will serve as Ensemble Administrator.  The guard will rehearse in Indianapolis. 

The addition of the World Class guard has been in the plans for a while and really had nothing to do with Onyx or SCV guards.

Sorry for jumping in on the Cadets thread, but wanted to correct some misinformation.

Never said Lentz would be involved with the Bloo world guard.

Assumed as is confimed by you that it is Jim Moore, Vanderkoff, Greg Lagola, and Abohatab.

(All formerly heavily involved with Cadets....BTW except Abohatab.

6 hours ago, Icer said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Crown may overtake SCV - A month ago I was sure it would be Bluecoats beating Crown, but they might have to worry about Cavs.  For some reason, Crown's show seems to be growing on people.  Sure they have the great horn line, but their percussion is working well and their guard has improved by leaps and bounds - kudos to their staff.  They have balanced the vocals and the horns nicely, and the recent addition of the costume change of the singer between the sections is a smart move as well.  I hope they get rid of the mad scramble at the end, but they seem to be making the right calls so far, so what do I know?  Cadets (and all corps) can learn something from what they have done this year.

Crown's guard has cleaned up nicely.....key at this juncture.

15 hours ago, Garfield8687 said:

Laundry and swim time. Good to go. Maybe next year shoot for 8th. 

So when you said the Cadets should work on cleaning, you didn’t mean doing their laundry?

So about scrubbing the busses, wrong sort of cleaning again?

I’d give the kids a break, beating them down on the field might not be in their best interest or produce the best results

• Like 4

Hey all, I'm beginning the arduous process of uploading all of my Cadets photos to Flickr so if you're interested in checking them out, here's a link!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2mY41x

I didn't join the corps until San Antonio so there are only photos from that show on. Hopefully next summer I'll be there for all of tour :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

Hey all, I'm beginning the arduous process of uploading all of my Cadets photos to Flickr so if you're interested in checking them out, here's a link!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2mY41x

I didn't join the corps until San Antonio so there are only photos from that show on. Hopefully next summer I'll be there for all of tour :)

This is excellent!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

2 hours out of a 24 hour day to do laundry. You people need to give it a break. 2 hours will not make a difference. If anything, having clean clothes etc in mindset for the MM makes a difference. 

In my day we did 15 hour days, when we got to do laundry, a day at Seaside, or Disney, did more for morale . Hell we got a day off after a 20 hour session in Morgantown, back then the middle of butt f nowhere. Did laundry to walk 2 miles to the Laundromat.Then a 2 mile walk back, Trust me in the middle of nowhere. Ironically, us walking to the Laundromat we passed a creek. We had the night off. WE went back to the creek in the middle of nowhere and had a great time swimming etc. Made us a stronger corps if you can believe it. Sometimes downtime makes a corps closer. IT worked for us in 86.

• Like 7