Cadets 2017

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

first the board would have to make a tough call. Second, if Hop were to just run YEA, would he be able to stay out of Tom's way? Hop's an all or nothing guy. no way I can see him content to sit in the office in Allentown all day and not try to be involved......aka secret code for trying to run it anyway

Completely agree Jeff. Only way Tom would do it is if Mr. Hopkins is out of the picture. Maybe there is a way , but I do not see it, and agree again that if Mr. Hopkins COULD stay out of Cadets  and run YEA, that may work. But as you said, I do not see him giving up control. He is a smart business man.

At some point, somebody will be director. To me as an Alum, I will say it is a tuff situation. Mr. Hopkins has been the face of Cadets for 30+ years. He has given many people that have marched life experience for a lifetime. I respect that. But that said, time is catching up in the activity and Mr. Hopkins has slipped from innovative to just catching up.

Edited by oldcadetsop

10 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

Completely agree Jeff. Only way Tom would do it is if Mr. Hopkins is out of the picture. Maybe there is a way , but I do not see it, and agree again that if Mr. Hopkins COULD stay out of Cadets  and run YEA, that may work. But as you said, I do not see him giving up control. He is a smart business man.

At some point, somebody will be director. To me as an Alum, I will say it is a tuff situation. Mr. Hopkins has been the face of Cadets for 30+ years. He has given many people that have marched life experience for a lifetime. I respect that. But that said, time is catching up in the activity and Mr. Hopkins has slipped from innovative to just catching up.

please understand, my comments weren't a bash on Hop. it's his nature, how he's made, and now he's at that point in life where leopards don't change their spots as easily. for all of his flaws, he has as many plusses ( i'm sure that will surprise many reading this who think i hate the man), and his track record  has shown success.

but lately i watch things, and i'm reminded of Steve Carlton the last few years he played the game....not knowing when it was time to stop.

• Like 2

I had to live through all of this sort of talk as an alumus at Penn State ... "When will Joe Paterno retire?  He just doesn't have what it takes for the modern game"     Especially during the 2000-2004 seasons.   Then he managed 2 conference titles in the next 4 years.    

Of course, no one foresaw how his career would actually end.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

please understand, my comments weren't a bash on Hop. it's his nature, how he's made, and now he's at that point in life where leopards don't change their spots as easily. for all of his flaws, he has as many plusses ( i'm sure that will surprise many reading this who think i hate the man), and his track record  has shown success.

but lately i watch things, and i'm reminded of Steve Carlton the last few years he played the game....not knowing when it was time to stop.

I totally get you Jeff. Never took it as a bash against him. You make valid points.   I think we agree on the current situation

3 minutes ago, derek005 said:

I do like the Cadets and know that they will bounce back! I just don't like the daily schedule.

what don't you like? I'd love to hear your specifics. 

Thought I'd share again just so anybody who wants to see these gets a chance!

Here are all of my show photos from The Cadets this season! I joined the corps in San Antonio so all of my photos are from that show on.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2mY41x

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Just Here said:

What is being said is very abstract. If GH steps down, who do you hire to do what, because from what I have gathered from the general comments. If GH goes, then winning will once again be realized.

I'm not particularly saying he needs to step down. But what I am saying is that the drawing board needs to be pulled out. 

• Like 1