Cadets 2017

So at long last I am FINALLY going to see this show live tomorrow.  Don't you hate it when your work interferes with the DCI schedule!  But, since this has been the one show that I have been clamoring for the Cadets to do for soooooo long (just check my prior Mass posts over the years), I am really looking forward to it.  Is it perfect?  No.  Of course it isn't because they did not bring me on as a consultant!  But, is it something that has some great moments that are unlike anything else out there?  Yes.  And that needs to be celebrated regardless of what number is assigned.  After enough years following the activity, I have learned the lesson that the final results matter very little.  What matters is what a show makes one feel as the viewer.   One can appreciate a great performance, but what one remembers most is how a show connects and makes one feel.  That is all that matters.  So I willl fly to Indy tomorrow and prepare for my favorite corps to perform excerpts from one of my favorite works and I will just let it be.   I hope everyone else will just wait until the season is actually over to perform the post mortem.  Until then, ENJOY!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So at long last I am FINALLY going to see this show live tomorrow.  Don't you hate it when your work interferes with the DCI schedule!  But, since this has been the one show that I have been clamoring for the Cadets to do for soooooo long (just check my prior Mass posts over the years), I am really looking forward to it.  Is it perfect?  No.  Of course it isn't because they did not bring me on as a consultant!  But, is it something that has some great moments that are unlike anything else out there?  Yes.  And that needs to be celebrated regardless of what number is assigned.  After enough years following the activity, I have learned the lesson that the final results matter very little.  What matters is what a show makes one feel as the viewer.   One can appreciate a great performance, but what one remembers most is how a show connects and makes one feel.  That is all that matters.  So I willl fly to Indy tomorrow and prepare for my favorite corps to perform excerpts from one of my favorite works and I will just let it be.   I hope everyone else will just wait until the season is actually over to perform the post mortem.  Until then, ENJOY!

Enjoy the show tomorrow, be sure to come back and give us your impressions!

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So - saw the run tonight. I honestly don't get the scoring. Regiment brass beat Cadets brass? Cadets in 8th in drums? 

Personally felt the show should be over a 94 and is being dramatically underscored

But - that said - I also feel several corps are out of order, BD should be at least a full point ahead of SCV, and Cavaliers shouldn't be in the neighborhood of Coats

So, apparently what do I know. Personally feel Regiment and BK should be above Crusaders - and Cadets in sixth 

Honestly feel the scoring is becoming more ridiculous the past few seasons. And then we watch the scoring and we all start buying into it as "truth"

But then what do I know.

You speak the truth sir!

My wife and I watched the theater show last night.

Did we miss it,or did The Cadets.drop "For Holy Name,shall always be" ?

If they did,does anyone know why ?

So, apparently what do I know. Personally feel Regiment and BK should be above Crusaders - and Cadets in sixth  

They are above the OC.  Didn't you recently accuse a poster of whining George?  Haven't read all the posts about GH, but the ones read have a post 2016 season feel, especially after some staff departed.

15 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Hop said something about it in yesterday's FB Live post...that only Cadets fans know what that refers to, and it did nothing for the judges...so they canned it. Or something to that effect...

They look and sound fantastic!!!  That's a good show - top to bottom. I probably would like a tad more brass in the show, but on a whole and considering all that they have gone through (changes, slow out of the gate, etc) this show finally came together the way I was hoping when I saw them at the first Massillon, OH show in June. I felt even then that this could be a strong production.  I believe it has arrived.  Have a great run tonight and tomorrow Cadets!  This is one fantastic show and it should pave the way for continued success in years to come.  Recruiting should be good for Cadets this fall and winter. 

24 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I am not an alumnus of the corps (just a fan) so I don't want to get in trouble, but I was glad they took this out. It's a quote that is more aimed at the Most Holy Name Church in Garfield and not part of the Bernstein Mass.  I believe Cadets left it in for Allentown so alumni could hearken back if you will, but I was hoping it would come out. It felt to me like cheap pandering and an attempt to look for the easy applause. What they needed was something that worked with the actual Bernstein Mass, and "The Mass has ended...go in peace" fits that bill. 

Edited by jwillis35

8 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

They look and sound fantastic!!!  That's a good show - top to bottom. I probably would like a tad more brass in the show, but on a whole and considering all that they have gone through (changes, slow out of the gate, etc) this show finally came together the way I was hoping when I saw them at the first Massillon, OH show in June. I felt even then that this could be a strong production.  I believe it has arrived.  Have a great run tonight and tomorrow Cadets!  This is one fantastic show and it should pave the way for continued success in years to come.  Recruiting should be good for Cadets this fall and winter. 

And yet their placement has not changed since mid-season. Someone please inform the judging community that the Cadets have made great improvement.