Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

No doubt WSS is one of the great musicals of all time, but Cadets did a wonderful job with it in 2009. I'd prefer to see Cadets look at "On The Waterfront" as others have mentioned. Maybe look at "Chichester Psalms."  "On The Town" would be playful and has many style changes and moods that would perfectly fit the drum corps model. Perhaps even a show that included a little "Slava" or "Candide" would be neat. 

I would prefer Cadets stop utilizing the same music and the same composers and introduce new music. 

• Like 2

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

I would prefer Cadets stop utilizing the same music and the same composers and introduce new music. 

Oh like last year??!!! Or the year before that or the year before that or the year before that

geez. 

You make it sound like they've played Bernstein for eight years straight and most of the music this year they never played even back in 83 before any of these kids were born

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Don't disagree, but they have a contract with the Bernstein folks for the next two years.

I'm personally holding out hope for an eventual year of all-Ticheli without NPR slathered over it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Oh like last year??!!! Or the year before that or the year before that or the year before that

geez. 

You make it sound like they've played Bernstein for eight years straight and most of the music this year they never played even back in 83 before any of these kids were born

Listen calm your freaking nerves. YES. I prefer they use new music and BE SUCCESSFUL with it. Frankly they've played Bernstein way too much and have only have a relatively limited amount of success with it. 

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Listen calm your freaking nerves. YES. I prefer they use new music and BE SUCCESSFUL with it. Frankly they've played Bernstein way too much and have only have a relatively limited amount of success with it. 

Oh I'm calm. Point is they've been playing tons of new music. 

Just now, George Dixon said:

Oh I'm calm. Point is they've been playing tons of new music. 

Last year was not completely new, and neither was the year before. I'm saying they should go to an ENTIRELY NEW repertoire and not music that has been utilized within drum corps in the past. 

• Like 1

YEA is run by a non-profit board.    George is the CEO.   George works for the board.   If you want to see a change in leadership then you need to get the board to see the need.   Complaining about him on here will do nothing.  

https://yea.org/home/about

All of their names are listed here on this page.   Get your pencil and paper and put your effort where you typing fingers are.

So if they're in for Bernstein the next two years.....what I'd like to see:

Fancy Free/On the Town--On the town was based on the Fancy Free ballet about Sailors who come to NYC on leave.   Could be a great show with no narration and a fun story to tell. Plus the music is totally kick ###.  Quite a bit of it has been played before but only a few times and most quite a few years ago.  

Chichister Psalms-- Actually quite a bit of it is very similar to Mass and I prefer Chichister over it.  I was really hoping that was going to be the repertoire this year.   If they use it, there are going to be complaints its too similar to this year.  

Jeremiah/Age of Anxiety--- Lots of good stuff in these two symphonies and plenty that hasn't been played before.

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I haven't given up on them.  

5 minutes ago, Wadep66 said:

YEA is run by a non-profit board.    George is the CEO.   George works for the board.   If you want to see a change in leadership then you need to get the board to see the need.   Complaining about him on here will do nothing.  

https://yea.org/home/about

All of their names are listed here on this page.   Get your pencil and paper and put your effort where you typing fingers are.

Technically a CEO works for a Board.

Normally,a CEO has no say who sits on a corporate board.

That's not necessarily the case with a non-profit.

The question is,who appoints/appointed the Board for YEA ?

If GH had a say in the board member's appointments,which seems likely,since he created YEA,he has a lot more control then a typical CEO.

After sitting on the board of two non profits where the CEO was fired I think that's very unlikely.