Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I've got nothing, folks.

05_14_2012_93_star.jpg

Awh....Laurie Alphabet is what we called her in Cadets in 95!  She marched Star 93, then Cadets in 95.

Great picture!

And how does the saying go...

Something about "At least they're talking about you?"

Soon they will stop talking.

Cadets are becoming more and more irrelevant to modern DCI by the year.

22 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Awh....Laurie Alphabet is what we called her in Cadets in 95!  She marched Star 93, then Cadets in 95.

Great picture!

And how does the saying go...

Something about "At least they're talking about you?"

Soon they will stop talking.

As their 1000 pages here clearly shows. 

Have a great run tonight Cadets. You have helped make 2017 an AWESOME season for drum corps. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I certainly hope not. It will be a sad day if they no longer were talked about, given the contribution they have made to this activity. 

Good luck tonight Cadets. No matter what, FHNSAB. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

The 2017 corps is doing a full theatrical version of Mass.  It took them a while, but they have basically found the right mix of elements to make this show purr.  It's not perfect and there are still little things here and there that I would nix to improve effect and lesson the cheese; but at this point all we can hope for is the MMs having a blast with it and putting on a killer show tonight. 

Exactly, and this makes me absolutely giddy for what they will pull out when they inevitably do West Side Story in 2019.

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree. To me, this year's Cadets version of Mass is far better and more creative than 1983 or 1990.  No, the Cadets do not have quite the experience of the 83 or 90 corps, but 83 and 90 were what I refer to as symphonic portraits of the music. The 2017 corps is doing a full theatrical version of Mass.  It took them a while, but they have basically found the right mix of elements to make this show purr.  It's not perfect and there are still little things here and there that I would nix to improve effect and lesson the cheese; but at this point all we can hope for is the MMs having a blast with it and putting on a killer show tonight. 

I feel the same about my hometown Bluecoats. The show is a stunner, IMO, and has thrilled audiences everywhere; but they just couldn't get it clean and fine-tune a few things to get the judges to buy in. That's ok. The crowd has bought in.  The Cadets are experiencing the same thing -- they are finishing strong and the crowd is buying in. That's a much bigger compliment than score.  By the way, I think Cadets look very clean. Marching is very strong compared to early season.  Great work by all the marching members. 

Great points!

• Like 2

I hope the kids have a great run tonight. I enjoy the show warts and all. Here's hoping next year there's more focus on theme and less on message

34 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Exactly, and this makes me absolutely giddy for what they will pull out when they inevitably do West Side Story in 2019.

:sigh: The thought of this makes me want to :guinesssmilie:

To me Mass could have been done well for the modern activity, but they needed license to get away from only using the original Bernstein and add other things in.

I would have thrown in "Personal Jesus"...could have been fun!

Edited by cadet93

I love the smell of drum corps in the morning. . .

Also Finals day! A day better than Christmas morning!!

Kick some butts, Cadets!

• Like 3