Cadets 2017

14 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

Last year, The had 45 brass ageouts, McNutt, and Gino. This year, they have 12 brass ageouts and a design team that has never worked together. The fact that they only fell one placement (most likely) is honestly impressive... if they had a crap design this year would've been much worse. GOOD momentum for next year!

Pretty much every corps except BD falls a spot or two with that many age outs, without losing brass, Percussion, front ensemble captions, piles of techs AND the arranger. Plus the drill guy elected to not come back. 

18 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Pretty much every corps except BD falls a spot or two with that many age outs, without losing brass, Percussion, front ensemble captions, piles of techs AND the arranger. Plus the drill guy elected to not come back. 

Elected?  Really?  That's not the only version of that story.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Placements aren't everything. "Awakening/Stoned/Stoned Statues Waking Up In The Morning" would have finished 9th this year, IMO. The design was much more focused than in 2016, and, more importantly, it knew where it was going and naturally evolved over the course of the year. 

Absolutely not! Maybe 7th. The talent of the 2016 was definitely higher caliber than the 2017 corps. 

The design started more focused in 2017 and then went to hell (not pun intended). The design staff practically destroyed this show. It had so much potential in June. Literally every change worsened the show. 

• Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

Absolutely not! Maybe 7th. The talent of the 2016 was definitely higher caliber than the 2017 corps. 

The design started more focused in 2017 and then went to hell (not pun intended). The design staff practically destroyed this show. It had so much potential in June. Literally every change worsened the show. 

That is absolutely not true. I admit there were some changes that detracted from the show, but more changes from what I saw in the theater in late June to tonight were for the best.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

The design started more focused in 2017 ... It had so much potential in June. Literally every change worsened the show. 

Can you talk us through this?  I think the end product is far better than WHAT they started with (ignoring HOW well the performers did).  Can you give some examples of how the designers had it right 2 months ago then lessened the quality of the product over the season?  I just want to know where in the show to compare and contrast to see it from your perspective.  It's different from mine, but I'm open to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

Elected?  Really?  That's not the only version of that story.

I was referring to Jeff who took a one year hiatus and then ELECTED to not come back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

That is absolutely not true. I admit there were some changes that detracted from the show, but more changes from what I saw in the theater in late June to tonight were for the best.

Many many good changes and obviously a big growth of performance level... but at least five or six bad changes. The tarp tossing the jackets on them, the "can I get the amen" the very late addition "mass has ended Go in peace" being among the worst. The show needed clarity and less narration and Hop kept adding more 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Many many good changes and obviously a big growth of performance level... but test five or six bad changes. The taro tossing the jackets on them, the "can I get the amen" the very late addition "mass has ended Go in peace" being among the worst. The show needed clarity and less narration and Hop kept adding more 

It was what it was. Time to move on to 2018. Go in peace. :angel1:

• Like 1