Cadets 2017

Please be waterfront!

• Like 1

The Cadets were great tonight.  For me, every time I watched The Mass I liked it more.  Good choice of music, good design.  I liked the choir.  And the corps members were really committed to it. Great job and looking forward to seeing what the Cadets will bring to the field next year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Absolutely not! Maybe 7th. The talent of the 2016 was definitely higher caliber than the 2017 corps. 

The design started more focused in 2017 and then went to hell (not pun intended). The design staff practically destroyed this show. It had so much potential in June. Literally every change worsened the show. 

You're bipolar. I hate it, I was wrong I love it, it went to hell.... get medicated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crown Phan said:

Not true. I was in the bathroom avoiding the show thank you very much. 

Attendance was quoted as 23,342. Too bad for you and 341 others, because those kids deserved all the praise they received. I applaud all of them, just as I applaud the rest of the competitors. Fantastic night. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Attendance was quoted as 23,342. Too bad for you and 341 others, because those kids deserved all the praise they received. I applaud all of them, just as I applaud the rest of the competitors. Fantastic night. 

Yeah, the kids do great work and all that jazz. But I cannot and will not support the staff putting that kind of noise out there. Those kids deserve something that isn't covered with a metric ton of cheese whiz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crown Phan said:

Yeah, the kids do great work and all that jazz. But I cannot and will not support the staff putting that kind of noise out there. Those kids deserve something that isn't covered with a metric ton of cheese whiz.

I'm guessing you haven't talked to very many of the MM's to,ask them how they feel about this particular show.  With the experience level of the kids and the new staff, they know that a high placement was unlikely this year.  But I have never seen a group of kids so completely bought into what they were doing. 

The other thing that has been heartwarming is that as I have wandered around Indianapolis the last 2 days wearing my Cadets shirt, it is amazing how many people have stopped me to tell me how much the show meant to them. In fact, I had a couple approach me at the practice facility today.  Their son has been doing sports there the last few days while the Cadets have been practicing, and they absolutely loved the show - and they didn't even get to see it with uniforms. 

Sometimes an artistic competitive experience is about more than the score. Sometimes it's something else.  When people who were at Lucas Oil Stadium think about what they saw this weekend, they will remember the Crusaders flames, the Cavs guard, the Crown soloist, the Blue Devils' impossible level of excellence that beat an SCV corps that would have won a lot of years, and they will remember this odd program that touched them in a different way. You can be one of the few that didn't like it. I know what I saw, I know what the MM's are saying, and I know what I heard from the crowd these past two nights. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Icer said:

I'm guessing you haven't talked to very many of the MM's to,ask them how they feel about this particular show.  With the experience level of the kids and the new staff, they know that a high placement was unlikely this year.  But I have never seen a group of kids so completely bought into what they were doing. 

The other thing that has been heartwarming is that as I have wandered around Indianapolis the last 2 days wearing my Cadets shirt, it is amazing how many people have stopped me to tell me how much the show meant to them. In fact, I had a couple approach me at the practice facility today.  Their son has been doing sports there the last few days while the Cadets have been practicing, and they absolutely loved the show - and they didn't even get to see it with uniforms. 

Sometimes an artistic competitive experience is about more than the score. Sometimes it's something else.  When people who were at Lucas Oil Stadium think about what they saw this weekend, they will remember the Crusaders flames, the Cavs guard, the Crown soloist, the Blue Devils' impossible level of excellence that beat an SCV corps that would have won a lot of years, and they will remember this odd program that touched them in a different way. You can be one of the few that didn't like it. I know what I saw, I know what the MM's are saying, and I know what I heard from the crowd these past two nights. 

THIS ON SO MANY LEVELS !!!!

• Like 5

I'm guessing you haven't talked to very many of the MM's to,ask them how they feel about this particular show.

No I haven't. Being honest. 

But I have never seen a group of kids so completely bought into what they were doing. 

Good for them

it is amazing how many people have stopped me to tell me how much the show meant to them.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this every time the Cadets do something religious. 

and they didn't even get to see it with uniforms. 

Probably best. 

and they will remember this odd program that touched them in a different way.

Odd touching might just be the most catholic thing about this show.

I know what I heard from the crowd these past two nights. 

And I know how many people I saw leaving the stands with me before they took the field.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Absolutely not! Maybe 7th. The talent of the 2016 was definitely higher caliber than the 2017 corps. 

The design started more focused in 2017 and then went to hell (not pun intended). The design staff practically destroyed this show. It had so much potential in June. Literally every change worsened the show. 

nvm

Edited by Liahona

5 hours ago, Crown Phan said:

No I haven't. Being honest. 

Good for them

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this every time the Cadets do something religious. 

Probably best. 

Odd touching might just be the most catholic thing about this show.

And I know how many people I saw leaving the stands with me before they took the field.

You get off coming here to trash the cadets or did you forget to take your meds???

• Like 3