Cadets 2017

4 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

I am open for a rational discussion.

I see absolutely no evidence that statement is true, based upon your post history.  You like to dish it out, but you can't stand it when someone calls you out for it or gives it right back to you.  All the replies you've made to what I've posted this week have been snark.  Do not expect an absence of snark in turn.

If corps (and the vets white-knighting for them) want to stop being ridiculed for wearing ballet leotards, then.....MAYBE.....they should stop wearing ballet leotards, and put some uniforms on.

Or, keep looking ridiculous, and keep getting ridiculed as a result.  Casuals looking at that photo won't say "Hey, there's the Cadets!".  They'll say "Hey, there's a color guard playing horns......this must be from BOA regionals".  Again, something to think about...

1 minute ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I see absolutely no evidence that statement is true, based upon your post history.  You like to dish it out, but you can't stand it when someone calls you out for it or gives it right back to you.  All the replies you've made to what I've posted this week have been snark.  Do not expect an absence of snark in turn.

If corps (and the vets white-knighting for them) want to stop being ridiculed for wearing ballet leotards, then.....MAYBE.....they should stop wearing ballet leotards, and put some uniforms on.

Or, keep looking ridiculous, and keep getting ridiculed as a result.  Casuals looking at that photo won't say "Hey, there's the Cadets!".  They'll say "Hey, there's a color guard playing horns......this must be from BOA regionals".  Again, something to think about...

So call me out.................. All I have said to you is not insult the current members, staff etc. TRUST me we get your opinion. That which you are entitled to.

LOL, Oh I can handle anything dished out. When it comes rationally. Also I can take it from an irrational person. Again, you do not like the current state of drum corps, take up another hobby. Trust me, you will not change a thing. Especially when you degrade and insult.

BTW, do you know combined all corps had record turnouts for auditions this year. Just saying.

• Like 2

Yay this thread is 1 years old.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldcadetsop said:

BTW, do you know combined all corps had record turnouts for auditions this year. Just saying.

That's not at all surprising, since DCI has been assimilated into and taken over by BOA.

It's just too bad so many are being turned away based upon their inability to fit in a ballerina leotard, rather than their musical aptitude.

54 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.  Have I struck a nerve or something?

I'm not trying to be funny.  The entire push for underoos on the field is the opposite of funny.  The costumes themselves are the insult.

And whether you like it or not.....any bando who doesn't follow drum corps would look at that photo and ask the exact same thing.  Something to think about....

Lol, do you go on other corps threads saying the same thing? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol, do you go on other corps threads saying the same thing? 

LOL, yeah the wording was intended for a purpose me thoust guess on his part

21 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

That's not at all surprising, since DCI has been assimilated into and taken over by BOA.

It's just too bad so many are being turned away based upon their inability to fit in a ballerina leotard, rather than their musical aptitude.

LOL assimilated.

I will go out on a ledge and say you learned to play a brass instrument on a 3 valve. Then had to assimilate to a G 2 valve to march corps.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm assimilation

Edited by oldcadetsop

29 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Can we put a lid on it and lock this thread?

No offense, but you can always skip the thread. 

Edited by oldcadetsop
Topic
  • Like 2

Congratulations to the Cadets for an amazing season.  It may not have shown up in the form of a medal, but this show was a real winner in my opinion.  I am a Cadets veteran who marched in the 1980s, and do consider myself 'old-school' - so I typically don't like vocals and amplifiaction, etc.  But I have to say that this Cadets show was groundbreaking in how it seamlessly (and successfully) brought so many elements together in a production that really blew me away.  I will admit that early in the season, I was underwhelmed by the show.  But the growth that happened both creatively and from a membership standpoint (I understand there were a LOT of rookies) was incredible.  This turned into one of my favorite shows this season - and one my favorite Cadets shows ever.  

Normally I wouldn't have posted this.  But Cadets members are likely seeing a lot positive and negative comments about the show on this forum, and I thought they should be congratulated for an amazing job pulling off a classic show.  I am not a fan of vocals or changes to the Cadets uniform.  And I am  also not religious.  And STILL I loved this show!!!! Well done 2017 Cadets!!!

• Like 6