Cadets 2017

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It acts its age.

:laughing::lol::laughing:

1 hour ago, 20XXMM said:

Yay this thread is 1 years old.

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It acts its age.

I hope @Western Burger has this for his next one-liner thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ross6200 said:

Congratulations to the Cadets for an amazing season.  It may not have shown up in the form of a medal, but this show was a real winner in my opinion.  I am a Cadets veteran who marched in the 1980s, and do consider myself 'old-school' - so I typically don't like vocals and amplifiaction, etc.  But I have to say that this Cadets show was groundbreaking in how it seamlessly (and successfully) brought so many elements together in a production that really blew me away.  I will admit that early in the season, I was underwhelmed by the show.  But the growth that happened both creatively and from a membership standpoint (I understand there were a LOT of rookies) was incredible.  This turned into one of my favorite shows this season - and one my favorite Cadets shows ever.  

Normally I wouldn't have posted this.  But Cadets members are likely seeing a lot positive and negative comments about the show on this forum, and I thought they should be congratulated for an amazing job pulling off a classic show.  I am not a fan of vocals or changes to the Cadets uniform.  And I am  also not religious.  And STILL I loved this show!!!! Well done 2017 Cadets!!!

If I recall Ross, there were some solid bari lines there in your day. Just sayin.

It's been a long time since Elk's Parade, amirite?  I would look pretty bad in a leotard. Or unitard or whatever you call it. But if I could play like these kids play I would strut out there in the half naked Jesus outfit and horrify the crowd. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

It's been a long time since Elk's Parade, amirite?  I would look pretty bad in a leotard. Or unitard or whatever you call it. But if I could play like these kids play I would strut out there in the half naked Jesus outfit and horrify the crowd. 

:spitting:

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I am  FMM of Cadets from the 80's. I was an ok talent. Nothing special, but worked my ### off.  I could not play or perform what these young people are performing , even in my prime. IT is at another level. That said, Congrats to ALL performers from 1 to 35. Strive to be what you can be, Nobody can take that away. If you do that, score does not matter, place does not matter.

I will admit I am old school, watched DCI from 78 on. Fortunately marched in the 80;s with Cadets. Times change, and I will admit I was hqving a hard time with the evolutionary change. But you know what, these kids have more demand and talent, than I could ever have. To that, congrats current members and future members. Keep evolving.

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 2

Actually in 86, we had some guard playing horns and horn members doing color guard. So.......................................

I mean you are old school. Problem with that Bobby ????????????????????

Edited by oldcadetsop

5 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

That's not at all surprising, since DCI has been assimilated into and taken over by BOA.

It's just too bad so many are being turned away based upon their inability to fit in a ballerina leotard, rather than their musical aptitude.

Tell that to Crown, BD, SCV, Coats etc.  Musical aptitude.????????????????? THis years Crown, BD, and SCV may have been the greatest horn lines ever. Your point is mute. Crowns line was at an unprecendted level, Only matched by the BD of this year, I have heard horn lines for almost 40 years. This year you got 3 of the top ever.

And Bobby, if you want to know my opinion on the greatest horn line ever.................. 85 SCV. So as you may like dispute my point of current corps. I give you that.

Even if they were in underoos as you say current corps are.

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 1