Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

News update

The Cadets will be playing in Central Park with the NY Philharmonic in summer 2018.   They were hoping to arrange it for this summer, but were unable to finalize details in time.

This is still fantastic news!! Yeah.

so... Cadets camp underway, brass only

70 brass members in attendance plus some alternates plus the 8 member vocal choir

the brass will do a full run (with the choir) on Sunday of the 2017 program; they expect to announce the program soon

corps has 3 members from Japan that did fly in for the weekend

still 1 tuba spot contract to issue - email them if you want to audition for it

full brass staff in house - corps in sectionals right now

corps is getting fitted and some more details on the "exciting" 2017 corps uniforms - the way it was worded it does sound like something quite different 

8 vocalists getting mic'd up for the first time today and also fitted for their uniforms

corps accepting video auditions for guard right now - April audition camp will set the guard membership. 35 guard already contracted

ST starts full corps Saturday May 20th - percussion in a couple days earlier, on the Thursday

new food truck painted and now going under it's $100,000 build out

Also some C2 news - tomorrow at noon their summer schedule will be posted, including their (new for 2017) mid season week long tour

Corps have the volunteer schedules up so signing up for volunteer dates is now underway

This evenings brass ensemble is 10pm to midnight

Tomorrow in the auditorium ensemble is 12 or 12:30 full brass with full choir for all 4 movements

Edited by George Dixon
grammar
  • Like 2

Good stuff. Brass doing run through of entire show today unfortunately not for our ears yet due to finalizing licensing rights but very very soon. Brass 70 + 7 alternates on site along with 8 vocalists.  Excitement about new uniforms.... I hope they are maroon, gold and cream. 

Very strong winter program this year and ahead of schedule. 

Guard returns in April. 35 contracted still need 5. 

Hopefully some "something" released soon. 

A Cadets uniform thread perhaps?

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

The trumpets have had control of the Cadets official Snapchat story this weekend. They went around and introduced themselves, and it seemed like a lot of first year Cadets in that section 

14 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

The trumpets have had control of the Cadets official Snapchat story this weekend. They went around and introduced themselves, and it seemed like a lot of first year Cadets in that section 

3 things happened there:  Steve Bentley, trumpet tech for past several seasons, shipped out to Boston with G. Cipriani as he has followed him to wherever Gino taught for several corps. I heard some followed them there and to other corps.  2) last year's line included a number of rookies, some who did not work out, some who grew disenchanted with last season's process and results. 3) several of the vets from last year either aged out or have moved on to other career and educational challenges for this summer and are not doing drum corps anymore anywhere.

Eleran has a special perspective of all of this.

Besides you know what divas trumpet players are. How many trumpets are needed to change a light bulb?

Just one; the rest stand around bragging that they could do it higher and sweeter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

3 things happened there:  Steve Bentley, trumpet tech for past several seasons, shipped out to Boston with G. Cipriani as he has followed him to wherever Gino taught for several corps. I heard some followed them there and to other corps.  2) last year's line included a number of rookies, some who did not work out, some who grew disenchanted with last season's process and results. 3) several of the vets from last year either aged out or have moved on to other career and educational challenges for this summer and are not doing drum corps anymore anywhere.

Besides you know what divas trumpet players are. How many trumpets are needed to change a light bulb?

Just one; the rest stand around bragging that they could do it higher and sweeter.

Lmfao we're not divas lol....ok, maybe SOME of us are. :laughing:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I know the mello section leader from last year, and he isn't returning. I believe he is now contracted with BD. But it definitely feels like the start of a new era in Cadetland

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xandandl said:

you know what divas trumpet players are. How many trumpets are needed to change a light bulb?

For once, snare drummers are off the hook ( lol!)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I know the mello section leader from last year, and he isn't returning. I believe he is now contracted with BD. But it definitely feels like the start of a new era in Cadetland

I know that this will be a transition year for the Cadets, and don't fault those who choose to leave, but you have no idea how much appreciation and respect I have for those who choose to stick it out for any Corps that is undergoing a transition year or two.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3