Cadets 2017

Cadets should just go commando. That would allow for freer movement but the shako is still bulky. I'll get back to you on this...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brass34 said:

Everything he does is lush. And the subtle use of dissonance is goosebump city. 

His piece "October" would be a really cool ballad. Some parts just scream drum corps imo

I arranged it in 2006 for the band I work with as our "ballad". A beautiful piece, for sure..

13 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Cadets should just go commando. That would allow for freer movement but the shako is still bulky. I'll get back to you on this...

I heard tales of a baritone line that did this on occasion. From a friend. :whistle:

16 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Listen to 2005 Cadets and his tune called Equus.

Haha, this thread from 2007 even pointed out the similarities between the two

35 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I heard tales of a baritone line that did this on occasion. From a friend. :whistle:

Sounds like a bari line...

13 hours ago, BRASSO said:

You need to reintroduce yourself to the little bird here, re. your comments, as he apparently missed this... lol!

It's all cool. I didn't get upset at any of the comments in the thread, for I fully understand what the corps proper uniform represents. Like I said before, I am in total agreement with your sentiment. I prefer the traditional garb, and if anyone could offer a real world solution to its weakness in choreography while keeping the corps competitive in the upper tier of finalists then I'll be the first one off the thematic costuming bandwagon. I, however, am finding that shows as great as 83-85 would not win in today's  Visual and GE environment, and I regrettably doubt that great music and marching alone are enough anymore to secure a championship.

13 minutes ago, wallace said:

It's all cool. I didn't get upset at any of the comments in the thread, for I fully understand what the corps proper uniform represents. Like I said before, I am in total agreement with your sentiment. I prefer the traditional garb, and if anyone could offer a real world solution to its weakness in choreography while keeping the corps competitive in the upper tier of finalists then I'll be the first one off the thematic costuming bandwagon. I, however, am finding that shows as great as 83-85 would not win in today's  Visual and GE environment, and I regrettably doubt that great music and marching alone are enough anymore to secure a championship.

Yes, I see where you're coming from now.. I tend to agree with much of what you are saying too on it,.. for what its worth.

2 hours ago, wallace said:

And you are faultless for your preference in style of both show and uniform design. The Cadets uniform is on a level all its own, nobody can argue that.

Fundraising email says Cadets will be using 24 "benches" as the only props in the show.

During webinar design staff said show takes you to a "time and place".

I keep thinking Bernsteins Mass/Chichester Psalms given the use of vocals they talk about.

Any ideas, thought?

• Like 4