Cadets 2017

11 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

News flash!

It was cheesy then too....  VERY cheesy...

Cheese goes great with beef.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yet you both were probably on your feet screaming "beef". :lle:

First time I saw the show live, I was on my feet in awe of the show, then I heard the "beef" yell and wanted to barf!  

Can't deny the show otherwise though.

Most of the younger posters might not know that THAT particular music was part of the "Beef. It's What's For Dinner" American advertising slogan and campaign aimed to promote the benefits of incorporating beef into a healthy diet. 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

First time I saw the show live, I was on my feet in awe of the show, then I heard the "beef" yell and wanted to barf!  

Most of the younger poster might not know that THAT particular music was part of the "Beef. It's What's For Dinner" American advertising slogan and campaign aimed to promote the benefits of incorporating beef into a healthy diet. 

Which is my point. They did it because it was in that commercial. It may have been "cheesy" but it was still funny. And the show was great. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yet you both were probably on your feet screaming "beef". :lle:

Nope. I didn't even see a show in person in 1996. 

5 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Most of the younger poster might not know that THAT particular music was part of the "Beef. It's What's For Dinner" American advertising slogan and campaign aimed to promote the benefits of incorporating beef into a healthy diet. 

In the spirit of full disclosure, the allusion to beef and commercials was a retro, previously done by some group from Dublin, Ohio. The effort was a hit back in '84, in fact they did various versions for several seasons and were enjoyed by later audiences as well. So like DCI, ha, ha. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idnwh6iDnX,  

but the original still resonates...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riH5EsGcmTw

Edited by xandandl

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Which is my point. They did it because it was in that commercial. It may have been "cheesy" but it was still funny. And the show was great. 

And the commercial got mega air-time.  Literally on every channel.  It was.....EPIC !   :peek: 

• Like 1

DCP is slowly turning into the Drum & Cooking Planet... Lol!... but since we have little to no info on shows and themes anymore to discuss on here with these World Class Division Corps, we might as well discuss our food choices... eggs, steak, etc... or Corps shows from way BITD.. or whatever... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

DCP is slowly turning into the Drum & Cooking Planet... Lol!... but since we have little to no info on shows and themes anymore to discuss on here with these World Class Division Corps, we might as well discuss our food choices... eggs, steak, etc... or Corps shows from way BITD.. or whatever... haha!

Like Drum Corps, food brings us all together.

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Like Drum Corps, food brings us all together.

One big happy Planet.

I know I've been the biggest advocate of "radio silence," but it's almost April, this thread is 371 pages, there's barely any concrete show information listed here, and I'm getting hungry.

• Like 1