Cadets 2017

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I know I've been the biggest advocate of "radio silence," but it's almost April, this thread is 371 pages, there's barely any concrete show information listed here, and I'm getting hungry.

It's Lent so you'll have to fast a few more weeks.

Assuming we have guessed correctly with the music (Chichester Pslams), what do you think the show title would be? Just MASS? Or something else

Trying to generate some speculation 

Edited by Brass34

15 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Assuming we have guessed correctly with the music (Chichester Pslams), what do you think the show title would be? Just MASS? Or something else

Ha, ha..you're looking for the Responsorial Psalm.

When Drew arranged The Great Divide for the Cavaliers, you may remember that he used a Shofar (ram's horn) on the #1 sideline; if it is Psalms, I wonder if we will hear it again since it is traditional in Jewish liturgies.

• Like 1

Last week's Hoptalk revealed Cadets will keep lots of show close to their vest compared to previous years as per the design team. Good news is he's listening to the staff!! We'll get some stuff but there will be an element of surprise... They're very happy with things so far. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brass34 said:

"Repent you heathen generation of self centered wretches especially those on DCP" or maybe just "Repent" for short? 

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Last week's Hoptalk revealed Cadets will keep lots of show close to their vest compared to previous years as per the design team. Good news is he's listening to the staff!! We'll get some stuff but there will be an element of surprise... They're very happy with things so far. 

Tobias,                                                                                                                                                                                                              DCPers may get exhausted on their knees considering their verbal flagellations and need for repentance for impatience, frustration, and temper during this pre-season period of contemplation and reflection. So let us have some compassion as they await in long files to speak with TimK and prepare for true conversion. Probably there will be some who will misspell this as P.U., but let us offer them a pew to rest their weary souls and soles. So from the Epistles of George yesterday to the benefactors and elders,    

"Your chance to literally support The Cadets and Cadets2 in 2017 is here, and for a very short time we're providing you a chance to own a piece of the corps' show! As the creative teams for both corps have been hard at work over the winter creating spectacular productions for the coming summer, both corps have identified story-telling devices that incorporate the use of chairs or benches; items that will support the corps! In both cases, the corps will use the physical elements of benches and chairs to tell their story, and this is where you come in. We're asking for your support as we prepare for the coming season [to} help us defray the expense of purchasing these pieces which will become integral parts of both corps' 2017 programs. For a small contribution of only $200 for a Cadets2 rocking chair or $400 for a Cadets bench, you'll know that you are playing a major role in the success of this year's corps every time they're seen. A piece of you will be on the field, as close to The Cadets and Cadets2 as any fan has been! ... sponsor your piece of the 2017 Cadets and Cadets2!"

Thus endeth the reading.

Edited by xandandl

No matter how people feel about the Rev. George Hopkins, my hunch he will be very good when preaching to the Choir this season.

( oh just kiddin' .I'll go to confession now, and beg for forgiveness for that subpar double entendre of mine.. haha. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Benches, huh?  I'll pay for a box of chocolates.  It's gonna be a Forrest Gump show

33 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Benches, huh?  I'll pay for a box of chocolates.  It's gonna be a Forrest Gump show

Think "confessionals"

• Like 1