Recommended Posts

Interesting evening at the theater!

I really do like these uniforms.  I especially like the fact that everyone doesn't change at the same time.  It's nice to see multiple looks simultaneously.

There is A LOT going on in this show.  Very demanding, and it's going to take a lot of work to clean it and bring out its full potential.  Seems like the passion is there!

Drumline plays tons of notes.  They might be dirtier than others for a while.  No problem here.

Hornline has a nice sound.  Much different than the recent past.  I like the fact that they can display different styles with the same piece of music.  

Drill is light years ahead of last year already.  Again, different than the recent past.  And dirty.  But the potential is certainly there.  There ARE some memorable moments.  More than I noticed before tonight.

Guard made me notice them.  It's a good start.

Overall, I loved it.  I think I'll drive to Allentown in Wednesday to watch some rehearsal!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They impressed me tonight with their improvements!  I was wrong to have predicted their score as low as I had.  Keep it up and make sense of that second number!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the show. Has legs. Can't wait to see this develop all summer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some people are kinda being hateful and degrading to the Cadets on other threads, but it is still very early in the season to nail the coffin of falling lower in placements. This show has incredible potential. I know other corps are getting better, but I think this is an improvement year for the Cadets as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concerns about the costumes. I don't think they'll ever get them to look well fitted/"clean" because of the 3 different layers. Sometimes it's hard to fit the corps in 1 uniform, especially as people lose weight, let alone 3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from all the negativity, I believe this show has much more potential than last year's mess.

Sucks that all the Cadets get around here is mostly criticism though.

Edited by Screamer
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Concerns about the costumes. I don't think they'll ever get them to look well fitted/"clean" because of the 3 different layers. Sometimes it's hard to fit the corps in 1 uniform, especially as people lose weight, let alone 3.

Don't disagree. If they get bad feedback on the roabes they could easily lose those and add a shako and keep the guard in their robes for the beginning and then peel to the white for part three. Essentially drop from three to two

it's nice they have that flexibility if needed

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Screamer said:

Aside from all the negativity, I believe this show has much more potential than last year's mess.

Sucks that all the Cadets get around here is mostly criticism though.

I don't think it's so much this thread. Bluecoats one had a little and opening night did too. People here seem pretty hopeful/supportive which we all should be for all corps with how much work they put in. Even if you don't enjoy the show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Don't disagree. If they get bad feedback on the roabes they could easily lose those and add a shako and keep the guard in their robes for the beginning and then peel to the white for part three. Essentially drop from three to two

it's nice they have that flexibility if needed

 

I think maybe if they could take the robes off a little bit earlier then it would be easier to keep them. I think they give a really cool effect for the hectic and fast paced opening that they have, but they kind of lose a bit of their effect afterwards. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.