20XXMM

Cadets 2017

6,604 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Argumentative bunch. Geez

ever think that during a three year Bernstein celebration a hype piece by another composer might not make sense? 

Maybe a massive choral sounding arrangement of "Somewhere" would be more appropriate?! 

Just leaving Stanford and thought I would log on here and have a couple bites of crow. Honestly, wasn't too impressed tonight at Stanford, except for Santa Clara. Furthermore, I feel the only corps here tonight that had a better visual design than the Cadets was Santa Clara. Still further, favorite musical program thus far (only haven't seen Madison) is Cadets. I guess I may not be impressed with much of today's visual designs as a whole. I think it's going to be Bluecoats, BD, and SCV (they are remarkable) for the title this year, and 4th is up for grabs. See Cadets 7th at lowest. BK and Regiment I do not believe will beat them. Chop Chop, this crow is good.

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Just leaving Stanford and thought I would log on here and have a couple bites of crow. Honestly, wasn't too impressed tonight at Stanford, except for Santa Clara. Furthermore, I feel the only corps here tonight that had a better visual design than the Cadets was Santa Clara. Still further, favorite musical program thus far (only haven't seen Madison) is Cadets. I guess I may not be impressed with much of today's visual designs as a whole. I think it's going to be Bluecoats, BD, and SCV (they are remarkable) for the title this year, and 4th is up for grabs. See Cadets 7th at lowest. BK and Regiment I do not believe will beat them. Chop Chop, this crow is good.

I respect that you had the guts to order that crow. Not a popular dish around here...

2 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

I respect that you had the guts to order that crow. Not a popular dish around here...

Well, I did a lot of talking the past couple of weeks. Has my opinion on the Cadets visual design changed? Absolutely not. But, I think I have the same problem with every visual design I've seen (except Bluecoats, SCV, BAC and Crown). I think they have great designs. Cadets though is hands down my favorite musical show of the season. 

2 people like this