Cadets 2017

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Tell him, if it makes him feel better, I tripped on a flag in the opener in 2000 and almost had my mouthpiece go down my throat. 

Still have a scar under my chin from a baritone bell lol.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

And they need to slow it down and let it gradually spin (literallly since ai still see that piece demanding a slowly deteriorating rotating block) out of control.  I mean let's face it, it takes a little time and effort to join the ranks of the fallen!

I agree!! The dissolving block works on so many levels.....and that is what the sheets are all about right :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Thanks for asking - he's doing fine.  Before the end of spring training he had a corner of his front tooth chipped off when a flag contacted his horn unexpectedly, but they took him to a local dentist and he got that repaired already.  He's still loving the fact that he's playing lead (lower) at his age, and looking forward to another 4 years of marching if circumstances allow.

And I got whacked by a flag on my soprano by a 27th guard member. Color guards are dangerous!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

I agree!! The dissolving block works on so many levels.....and that is what the sheets are all about right :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So funny.  In my mind I have written and re-written the Cadets doing Mass ever since I first discovered the piece (thanks to the Cadets) in 1990.  All you have to do is search my posts on here to see my incessant request that they do it.  And now that they finally (and mostly for the last time) are doing it, I feel really invested in this show in a way that I have not in years.  So they had better get it right!  So far so good though.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Yeah it is the only section of the show that I think "doesn't work"

It works but they're not maxing it out. Music/drill chaotic/uniform change... you have very definitive elements in place already illustrating the section and there is a guard member chasing and molesting a baritone player (I think male on male which is really decadent and slightly arousing but surely I digress) ) but yes we can work on it more. 

Edited by Tobias

33 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And I got whacked by a flag on my soprano by a 27th guard member. Color guards are dangerous!

Well YOU must have been in the wrong place because those 27 guards were always hitting their marks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Has anyone else seen the comments people are posting on the YouTube videos that are up of the Clifton show?

They are very negative and hurtful.  It seems most here on DCP like the show design, but I was honestly pretty shocked to see the venom on the YouTube comments.

Sad....

Some people love to hate the Cadets.  

saw then, the one guy is a Boston alumni and he other one has a bunch of Crown videos on his profile 

i find it abhorrent that adults would go on YouTube and write comments like that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

saw then, the one guy is a Boston alumni and he other one has a bunch of Crown videos on his profile 

i find it abhorrent that adults would go on YouTube and write comments like that 

My personal favorite is the kid who wrote his HS marching band was better than the Cadets....

:blink:

• Like 2

Those types of comments give a very negative view of drum corps to people outside the activity.  I haven't seen the comments, but I have seen some hurtful comments on a couple of other corps.  I don't understand why people have to be so mean spirited.