SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

I'm really excited to see what they are gonna do! Agghhh I can't wait!

I'm bumping this thread to the top. I am so very surprised that people aren't hyping out on here more about this corps.

This is SCV's 50th, and they have added Gaines to an already great team.

The rumor mill has been quiet for them as well. I haven't a clue what they're going to be doing.

I can. not. wait. to. find. out!

Come on SCV, let us know something.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm bumping this thread to the top. I am so very surprised that people aren't hyping out on here more.

The rumor mill has been quiet for them as well. I haven't a clue what they're going to be doing.

I can. not. wait, to. find. out!

I have been.  3 DAYS!!!

I've had a warm and fuzzy feeling about this show......whatever it may be since I saw their 50th Anniversary add on the webcasts last year.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I've always been a bit perplexed about the relative lack of posts each year on the SCV threads relative to other corps. I'm not a really frequent poster so I haven't helped with that, but given the history, tradition, class, and long-term consistency of this corps - they definitely deserve more DCP love.

It's pretty remarkable when you look back at their history. I know many are well aware of the following accomplishments but I think we take them for granted. This corps has never (NEVER!) missed a DCI finals and their lowest finals placement is 8th (which they've only done once - 2005). Have they won the most championships and medals? No. But they have consistently performed at a high level as evidenced by their average finals placement of 3.87 in their 45 years in DCI. 

I am VERY excited about the upcoming season. 50 years alone is more than enough reason to celebrate SCV, but when you also factor in the upward trajectory they've been on the last 6 or so years, the amazing staff they've built, adding Michael Gaines, and on and on - there's so much reason to be excited about for them this summer. Can't wait to find out what they've been planning and am extremely curious how long they've been working on the concept for.

This corps has been on the cusp of medaling for 5 years now. The consistency of the Blue Devils and Cadets coupled with the rise of Crown and the Bluecoats have made cracking the top 3 an incredibly difficult feat. SCV appears to be attracting the talent it needs to compete at the top and now just needs a masterfully designed show to match the top tier. They certainly have assembled a design team capable of doing that, so here's to hoping they uncork a magical show this summer. One that makes the 50th anniversary one to remember for the corps and one that rewards them with an overdue medal to end the longest medal drought in their history (12 years). 

Can't....wait!!!

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm bumping this thread to the top. I am so very surprised that people aren't hyping out on here more about this corps.

I can. not. wait. to. find. out!

• Like 2

I think there's a dearth of conversation about SCV because they're so... uncontroversial. They consistently perform at a high level with shows that are entertaining and crowd-pleasing, year after year. Blue Devils, Cadets, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Crown... top corps, to be sure, but another thing they have in common is they have a number of detractors. I can't really think of anyone, even on DCP, saying that they can't stand Vanguard. I've heard grumblings about some of their shows, but never the outright vitriol that other corps attract. So what's to talk about? Every Vanguard thread just seems to be hearty backslapping for a job well done. Because we all know, everyone knows:

Vanguard will excel.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shofmon88 said:

I think there's a dearth of conversation about SCV because they're so... uncontroversial. They consistently perform at a high level with shows that are entertaining and crowd-pleasing, year after year. Blue Devils, Cadets, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Crown... top corps, to be sure, but another thing they have in common is they have a number of detractors. I can't really think of anyone, even on DCP, saying that they can't stand Vanguard. I've heard grumblings about some of their shows, but never the outright vitriol that other corps attract. So what's to talk about? Every Vanguard thread just seems to be hearty backslapping for a job well done. Because we all know, everyone knows:

Vanguard will excel.

This. It's what makes being a vanguard fan so easy!!

23 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

One day.  :ninja:

Their show/theme seems to be the best kept secret in DCI this year. ....and Troopers.  Haven't heard anything about Troopers.

Go SCV!