SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

1 hour ago, Dream Theater said:

OMG BD and SCV are doing the same song! SMH

The problem of late announcements.

Blue Devils backed off a piece a few years ago after they heard Bluecoats were playing it. With there being so much cross population between the SCV and BD corps, they must have known for a while.  

Their show announcements have the same, more a product of anniversary shows and vague, conceptual fluff, filler

16 minutes ago, corpsband said:

(albeit with that bicycle step which still looks wrong from them :ninja: ) 

Haven't they used a bent leg style for most of their existence? I feel like the straight leg era was just a blip. Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm for me?

10 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Their show announcements have the same, more a product of anniversary shows and vague, conceptual fluff, filler

I'll take snakes eating their own tails over caterpillars morphing to butterflies any day.  Sorry - it's just more cool.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, cowtown said:

The problem of late announcements.

Blue Devils backed off a piece a few years ago after they heard Bluecoats were playing it. With there being so much cross population between the SCV and BD corps, they must have known for a while.  

DCi directors know what each other's corps will be playing or so has been the practice at a winter discussion meeting for years now. There is a favorite story about  Royer, and others arguing about the same picks well back in the '80's. As a result Vanguard changed their program mid winter. With the current licensing requirements and monies involved for that I would presume the close door, no disclosure discussion still takes place.

Edited by xandandl

26 minutes ago, Spandy said:

Haven't they used a bent leg style for most of their existence? I feel like the straight leg era was just a blip. Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm for me?

Cavies marching style came over with Fiedler.   Before it was a very smooth hybrid style but nothing like Cavies.

2 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Cavies marching style came over with Fiedler.   Before it was a very smooth hybrid style but nothing like Cavies.

b

What year did Weber start writing there?  Remember he was a Cavie alum who marched under Gaines.

I do remember Jeff Fiedler bringing with him Sly Slybinski (sp) who had been Cavs visual tech guru; his first two weeks with SCV he upped their proficiency numbers tremendously. Now he occasionally judges DCI.