SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

IMO, the unis are about as classy as you can get with with the form-fitting/performance-oriented style they adopted.  I also agree, however, that they lost some of their identity (and they're not alone this year) and I was hoping that with their penchant for blending their traditional look with the show theme, they would have come up with more of a knockout melding of the two design ethics.  A small part of me feels that they missed the mark in that regard, but again, IMO.  That being said, they ARE well-conceived for the show theme and don't feel haphazardly thrown together.  AND as someone mentioned earlier (I believe in the Clovis thread) they DO still somehow convey the Vanguard image. A difficult task, to be sure.

And after seeing the periscope of the opener, I am VERY enthused for this season.  GO SCV!

I love this corps.

• Like 2

I agree with your uniform assessment of the current uniform gak27. I live in, and was at Clovis lamenting the loss of identity of SCV. As they took the field I did see glimpses of my beloved Vanguard... and then they performed! The current uniform trend swung a little further and quicker than my tastes, but thematically it works well and is certainly better than most. (ie: t-shirt and sequins). As to the show, in my opinion the  2016 Vanguard opener was the best of the year. 2017 opener is AMAZING! Brass, Guard and Book all much better and no tree to guess about this year! I see a medal and resurgence of my beloved California corps.

• Like 4

I'm just realizing from scrolling through the Clovis show thread that SCV's DM still wears the aussie. All is not lost, folks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I need to see a video of this show. Anyone know of any can share link ?

Scroll back a ways..there is a periscope link to the Opener.

Those props are crazy, they do some great things with them.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, Geneva said:

I have this feeling....that this corps will be THE corps to beat come DCI finals. Fifty years of tradition and they are feeling it!!!

My son is in this video, front arc of trumpets near the 45. And, he's probably on the rehearsal field too as I type this.

My thanks also to the poster who linked the Clowns vet video...it was one of the selections they played at the Rose Parade and audition camps. My kid called me later and said, "Now I know why you cry whenever you hear it." Good boy...

• Like 3