SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

8 hours ago, Bachstrad said:

...baffled by the recent results... if the scores really are this tight, how is it the placements remain the same??? Anyway... Amazing show ... scoring is very curious... but all the same, a fantastic show to be sure Vanguard.

Because the numbers add up that way. With so many judges having input on the overall score, it's doubtful that everyone is talking to each other to make sure one corps is on top of the other. 

• Like 4

Hey there -

I'm working with a HS percussion section here in Georgia and some of the students expressed an interest in watching a rehearsal on Saturday of the regional.

Anyone know SCV's housing site for this event?

13 minutes ago, c mor said:

Hey there -

I'm working with a HS percussion section here in Georgia and some of the students expressed an interest in watching a rehearsal on Saturday of the regional.

Anyone know SCV's housing site for this event?

Looks like they'll be at Flowery Branch H.S.

• Like 1

I shared some of this in the Mustang show thread but just wanted to include here as well!

Had my first opportunity last night to hear this show live and my goodness what a masterpiece this year! Visually there's so much going on and the demand is off the charts. While undeniably vanguard the show is this wonderful drum corps fusion of eras and corps influences, which given the background of the design team is no surprise. Musically it has a vibe of late 90s aggressive SCV, with hints of Phantom in a few spots (bless you mellos and JD), yet very modern too. Visually it has that early 2000s cavalier vibe at times with the drill (meat grinder sequence for instance) and guard integration yet is also "new school" with the complex use of props. It's a wonderfully complex fusion of new and great things from the past. Kudos to the performers for making such a difficult show look easy and to the design team for putting one heck of a show together. If you have the chance to see this show in person - DO IT!

• Like 9

Am excited for the shows this weekend... am pumped about Vanguard's chances in Indy as well!!! Loving the adjustments; the show is looking cleaner... am hoping the new ending will finish this beautiful work of art just right. (open ended suggestion:  Aussie toppers at finals retreat).

Edited by Bachstrad
  • Like 3

This show in its conception, implementation, and execution, lays out a decisive argument for Gold.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Bachstrad said:

This show in its conception, implementation, and execution, lays out a decisive argument for Gold.

If they get BD and Crown CLEAN, it's a strong argument for Gold..

• Like 1

if all things being considered... not much else to be said.  GO SCV!!!:inlove:

• Like 1