SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

SCV

The show is compelling.  Both the subtlety and beauty of the Bahtia ballad and the powerful statement in "Remembering the Future" are just tremendous.   

Well done.   

Work on the full ensemble sound so no one individual sticks out and keep those sixteenth note staccato passages tight. Each time I watch Ouroboros I am hearing new passages and counterpoint nuances etc... and so are the judges to your credit.

Edited by HouserCD
  • Like 1

Come on, SCV!  You're so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks from a fan of SCV since 1973 for the flow, dynamics, punctuation, mesmerizing and surprising performances over the years including 2017.

edit:: for spelling of mesmerizing ;)

Edited by lindap

17 hours ago, dans said:

Not a fan of SCV this season. Those uniforms are very bland. From the field they look like an alumni corps with black pants and white shirts! In my opinion, the uniform really hurts the visual appeal of the corps.

Maybe they'll put matching hats of some kind at Championships and drive the audience delirious in delight, who knows .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe they'll put matching hats of some kind at Championships and drive the audience delirious in delight, who knows .

If they did they would have to rewrite parts of the show. Aussies plus rolling around the floor (ala start of ballad) are not good bed twins!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I was holding out some hope for that until seeing the new closer over the weekend. Having 12 rolling members in the final sequence makes that seem unlikely. With that said they could potentially do a partial early wearing of them like BD does and then remove them. Could be logistically very messy though adding that to the already complex visual design. The practical side of me says don't mess with it...the nostalgic side of me says figure out a way to make it happen. :tongue: I would suspect the odds of them remaining without the aussie are pretty high. 

10 minutes ago, scvphan said:

I was holding out some hope for that until seeing the new closer over the weekend. Having 12 rolling members in the final sequence makes that seem unlikely. With that said they could potentially do a partial early wearing of them like BD does and then remove them. Could be logistically very messy though adding that to the already complex visual design. The practical side of me says don't mess with it...the nostalgic side of me says figure out a way to make it happen. :tongue: I would suspect the odds of them remaining without the aussie are pretty high. 

You're probably right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Let's hope not. Their show is better without head gear.

Maybe.. maybe not. Without knowing what a potential head gear could be, who really knows.

That said, I absolutely love this years SCV show. The closer especially. OMG, is that phenomenal, imo.

• Like 1