SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

12 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe they'll put matching hats of some kind at Championships and drive the audience delirious in delight, who knows .

I predict they will put the Aussies on for retreat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I predict they will put the Aussies on for retreat.

I predict they'll take the Aussies off after retreat, if so.

( haha..)

55 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Let's hope not. Their show is better without head gear.

I think it is highly unlikely that we will see full corps aussies in the show, but I would not be totally surprised if they wore them for finals retreat. IMO, the aussie doesn't look too bad on the drum major as they enter the field.

• Like 1

As much as I would love to see it, wearing aussies for the last shows of the year is a terrible idea. Doing so would affect the marching members' carriage, head placement and vision, and they would not have time to adjust to the changes. This would lead to deleterious impact on intervals and lines of sight.

Maybe FloMarching can add a virtual reality feature that digitally adds aussies. How about it, Flo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kbbandman said:

I think it is highly unlikely that we will see full corps aussies in the show, but I would not be totally surprised if they wore them for finals retreat. IMO, the aussie doesn't look too bad on the drum major as they enter the field.

I think they will do that. The age out feather afterall. 

2 hours ago, kbbandman said:

My guess is that the Alumni Corps will be wearing the Aussies Friday night.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

I think they will do that. The age out feather afterall. 

What did they do in 1987? I don't recall.

edit: nevermind. Aussies.

Edited by PeterGibbons
added video

2 hours ago, PeterGibbons said:

I really miss that tradition of the other corps playing in tribute to the winners. 

5 hours ago, PeterGibbons said:

30 years later and I'm still as heartbroken today as I was on that night over this loss. I can't imagine what it was like for their members. I remember sitting in the stands fighting back tears, and they came again tonight watching this :( Of all my years marching and spectating, this was by far the most disappointing night of my drum corps experience. I've gotten over so many things in my life, but I don't think I will ever be able to get over this. (and, I loved Garfield's show that year too. Both are in my top 5). '87 SCV still remains my all time favorite show.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

30 years later and I'm still as heartbroken today as I was on that night over this loss. I can't imagine what it was like for their members. I remember sitting in the stands fighting back tears, and they came again tonight watching this :( Of all my years marching and spectating, this was by far the most disappointing night of my drum corps experience. I've gotten over so many things in my life, but I don't think I will ever be able to get over this. (and, I loved Garfield's show that year too. Both are in my top 5). '87 SCV still remains my all time favorite show.

I was there as well. Although SCV is my favorite corps I was traveling with some Cadets staff that evening so I was kinda forced to be part of the Cadet party. When I found out the difference was a perfect percussion score, as a drummer I found this unbelievable. IIRC, the Cadets too were surprised they won.