SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

Unforgettable season for the vanguard organization. Silver, top percussion, top guard, scvc gold, and an amazing alumni show. I was fortunate to see them with a great view after the soundsport competition, it was quite emotional. 

Congrats SCV.  IMO you were the best corps tonight.  That show was just so fascinating to watch.  Couldn't take my eyes off it.  SCVC was awesome as well and the Alumni was a real treat.  Got to see them at semis as well as at the SoundSport exhibition.  They were.

To me SCV is definition of class.  You sure proved it this year.  Now I can't wait for next season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Congrats to the SCV Organization for a phenomenal 60th Anniv. Year. You did it in style, the way we knew you would. Both Corps finishing with medals, and the Alumni Corps exhibition performance at  Indy outstanding. What a memorable year 2017 was for the SCV organization !

Exactly. Couldn't say it better myself. Very happy to see Vanguard in contention again. Here's to titles in the foreseeable future.

What a wonderful weekend for SCV!  An amazing, highly innovative show. And the alumni corps brought me to tears.   And Vanguard Cadets!   Congratulations for a wonderful season, including High guard (first time?), high percussion (again) and an inspiring performance.  

1 hour ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Congratulations Santa Clara for THE most extraordinary show of the summer! It is one for the ages, and the one that will be remembered! What a year for SCV and SCVC! And what a thrill ride for the fans! Thank you for weeks and weeks of sheer entertainment and awesome spectacle. Be very very proud! Silver and Gold. The Zingali and the Sanford. Be very proud indeed. :inlove:

I've been saying all season that this will be the 2017 show we'll be talking about for decades to come regardless of the placements.  

Edited by LoveKathyG
  • Like 1

Not the first time for high color guard. They also won the trophy in 1978. It was somewhat controversial as they didn't carry any rifles that year, just hula hoops and flags. 

On another note, Gale must be beaming in heaven. Beating the Troopers was a milestone when he first came out with the Vanguard. Now even the Vanguard Cadets have beaten them. That is a real accomplishment. He is grinning from ear to ear and so pleased to see SCV in 2nd and pushing for #1 next year. 

What a wonderful show this year - one for the ages! 

It's so nice to see SCV in the top three again. They were SO close with their incredible Les Miserables show in 2013 and I'm glad they were able to get the silver this year. I'm rooting so hard for them to take home the championship again soon. Such an amazing year for the Vanguard organization and I can't wait to see what they do next year.

• Like 1

Watching the other members having to carry parts of the props, and hornline members horns from one side of the field to the other, shows you have masterfully designed that SCV show was...

Not to mention it's physically a MONSTER.

• Like 1