SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

WAS THE ENTIRE (all members) of the hornline mic'ed?  I thought only some of the soloists and the 12 member ensemble -- I've read other posts/threads that SCV's ENTIRE hornline was using wireless microphones (and some can be seen on members waistlines in videos as members have their backs to the cameras...  can someone clarify?

Trying to end a debate and/or argument with those that were in Allentown, so if anyone knows -- please share!

2 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Trying to end a debate and/or argument with those that were in Allentown, so if anyone knows -- please share!

Only the 12 member ensemble (those in the grey/gold tops).  Members of this ensemble also played the solos in the ballad.

I KNEW I was right!  JD Shaw would NEVER over mic his arrangements!  He's a play it or be played kinda guy even since his early Phantom days!

• 3 weeks later...

What was it like to experience SCV 2017 from the head drum major's podium? This gives a great taste...check it out!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 9:36 PM, BRASSO said:

Congrats to the SCV Organization for a phenomenal 60th Anniv. Year. You did it in style, the way we knew you would. Both Corps finishing with medals, and the Alumni Corps exhibition performance at  Indy outstanding. What a memorable year 2017 was for the SCV organization !

Yes it was an amazing 60th anniversary year.  SCV's 50th was amazing too.  I hope to see more  medals from Vanguard. I have been a fan since I first saw them in 71.