SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ha, ha we're both wrong.

Knowing myself that my memory can sometimes get foggy, and as often reminded of that by certain DCP posters, I actually wanted to check that out before posting even though I had spoken with the man one on one many times while he was living.

Gayle, Gail, Gale... Here's what google said.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gayle+Royer&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS726US726&oq=Gayle+Royer&aqs=chrome..69i57.16229j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Even DCI records has it two ways. But SCV website says Gail. http://www.scvanguard.org/overview/

Definitely Mr. Royer.

Happy Fiftieth, SCV! Have a great Summer!

With everyone else ramping up this week,  its been a bit quiet in SCVLand as they wrap up in Weed and head back home for a week in Tollhouse before the first few shows next weekend. All reports are great and everyone coming back from rehearsals have their jaws on the floor and gushing about the show and excitement of the visual and music book. I'm assuming the addition of Gaines, Toth and Adam Sage has had a dramatic impact on the look of the corps and from what I've personally heard, this sounds like one of the strongest brass lines from them since I started following the corps many years ago. The show is super aggressive, edgy, quirky and with a lot of musical and visual excitement. A very new look and definitely a new sound! Once its clean, it could be very competitive and pushing for a top 3 position somewhere in the mix. Everyone is better this year, but there seems to be a real "swag" and excitement around the corps. Maybe it's the 50th Anniversary vibe or something, but I saw it in person and reminded me of the old (old) Vanguard I grew up watching and idolizing. Can't wait for the season!!

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 9

I'm listening to the Field Pass Podcast now, and I guess I was wrong on the pronunciation all along. Cesario pronounced it OH-roh-BOH-rohs.

5 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm listening to the Field Pass Podcast now, and I guess I was wrong on the pronunciation all along. Cesario pronounced it OH-roh-BOH-rohs.

He pronounced Quixotic wrong last year on the podcast, unfortunately. It should be "quick-zotic" but he said "key-otic". I remember him even saying it should sound like "chaotic"... Tomato, tomato I guess. 

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm just dying to hear Brandt Crocker try to pronounce it...

"Presenting their 2017 program, Oingo Boingo..." :laughing:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PRphan72 said:

I'm just dying to hear Brandt Crocker try to pronounce it...

"Presenting their 2017 program, Oingo Boingo..." :laughing:

Or, even better...

"Oreo Burritos."

• Like 1