SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

Saw SCV last night for an hour or so. Pretty impressed by what I saw. Everything seems pretty tight- musically, visually, and efficient (but oddly overly relaxed) instruction from the staff. This brass book has a plethora of LOUD moments. Prepare to get 'your face blown off' 

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 4

Not enough hype for this corps. Can't wait to see what masterpiece Shaw and Rennick have cooked up this year paired with Michael Gaines

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not enough hype for this corps. Can't wait to see what masterpiece Shaw and Rennick have cooked up this year paired with Michael Gaines

There is PLENTY of hype for this corps, just not here.

• Like 2

I have this feeling....that this corps will be THE corps to beat come DCI finals. Fifty years of tradition and they are feeling it!!!

• Like 1

First impression at pre- dress rehearsal: 

Loud and aggressive

Hey Hirs where are you? I'm on the 40- east side :thumbs-up:

Brass sound is off the hook- not too sure about the music. Perhaps a bit generic and lacking some of the classic SCV heart/magic.... 

It's very aggressive music for sure. I think there are a lot of moving lines that aren't flushed out enough (also I feel too close in this stadium to hear every detail at this loud volume), once the important lines are more prominent it will add a little to what it's missing. Especially in the ballad, and at certain parts of the closer. There are certain lines in those spots that are longer in phrase and will end up being some great moments. 

Ive been walking around talking to members I marched with. Sitting now side one forty almost at the top.

Just got back home after watching the dress run. 

Don't expect to see anything that reminds you of classic SCV shows. This show does not feel SCV at all- I think the staff is really trying to branch out into something different.