SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

Quite frankly I'd be shocked if this was any of a let down. Vanguard will not screw up their 50th.

I said it on the predictions thread, but there are some indicators I felt with Bluecoats last year that I felt with Vanguard this year in terms of identity and tightening up all captions. We will see, but I have a great gut feeling like I did with Bluecoats after finals last year.

Man... an SCV win would be epic. They'd have the entire world pulling for them!!!

Man... an SCV win would be epic. They'd have the entire world pulling for them!!!

I feel good about them next year. The progress they made brass wise was great, that's the only thing that felt like it was dragging just a little from 2012 - 2015. They have the designers for a masterpiece, just gotta find the right theme and vehicle before they start that gives them the tools to win.

This year was AMAZING, but they pretty much maxed out one of the more tired concepts in the marching arts, absolutely beautifully and stunningly.

I feel good about them next year. The progress they made brass wise was great, that's the only thing that felt like it was dragging just a little from 2012 - 2015. They have the designers for a masterpiece, just gotta find the right theme and vehicle before they start that gives them the tools to win.

It will be an uphill battle from the start. Not only will SCV need to perform at least as good as BD from the jump, the judges need to reward it as such. Hopefully the hidden captions only helps SCV next year. This year they finished less than 2 points behind their California colleagues (they also started the season 2 points behind them), their best finish relative to them since 2013 and before that i can only imagine 99.

Meanwhile the last decade BD has always responded with a win if they didn't win the year prior.

I'm not saying it cant happen, but its going to be incredibly hard to win over the minds of the judges. I agree that as far as brass is concerned, SCV is finally able to compete. And they have the design talent to make a championship show.

not if they do yet another rehash.

Why? If they pull out things from their past, and they do great with it, why would people not want to cheer that?

• Like 1

They need to redo that Walton show from 1993

That show was absurdly underrated. I LOVED that program.

Why? If they pull out things from their past, and they do great with it, why would people not want to cheer that?

because their recent history already has too many rehashes?

the SCV anniversary show would be one that is new, fresh and somewhat elegant in it's approach.

(to me, at least) this would best represent the history of SCV .

• Like 1

because their recent history already has too many rehashes?

the SCV anniversary show would be one that is new, fresh and somewhat elegant in it's approach.

(to me, at least) this would best represent the history of SCV .

That's why I really like that 2014 one that has been floating around. Taking the core of SCV through its corps song, and using new and exciting music to rework it.