SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

Wow...definitely going the different route this year. The uniform/costume realm has been evolving rapidly the last 5 years - guess it was only a matter of time before SCV joined in too. Trying hard to not have a knee jerk reaction here...

Their shirts look like "force shields" that a snake is trying to penetrate...  

I like them!

It's okay, you can laugh at me all you want!

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-XKu5cPUEvyo%2FVHwn2mDWYGI%2FAAAAAAAAS70%2Fp1Y56MRBjhI%2Fs1600%2F01%252BNASA%252BEarth-Force-Field%252BVan%252BAllen.jpg&sp=80f75af6ebbd15afb0fab225c8d547d5

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.litko.net%2Fproduct_images%2Fl%2F611%2FTS139-250__54426_zoom.jpg&sp=df0e5aaf879bf6a88541b6567df1854e

Edited by jjeffeory

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Oh. Is there headgear of any sort?

I was thinking based on the show description that they would start the show in an aussie/traditional uniform and then shed out of the uniforms to reveal the new ones somewhere around the ballad. But now that they've revealed it, that may not be the case, if that answers your question.

• Like 2

RE:  The Uniforms...

Oh... oh dear.  I s'pose it's now out with the old SCV.  I'm ready for this new era and look forward to change, but I will always care deeply for what they have done in the past.

Just noticed, for those who like Stargate, for whatever reason, their uniforms just scream nuveau Jaffa, to me.

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 1

(copy paste from my Reddit post)

Honestly for what it is.......it's the classiest spandex type uniform I've seen.  Super understated in a beautiful way, looks well made, and I'm excited to see what effect the gradient at the waist, the red around the forearms, and circle around the upper torso do from up top.  With Michael Gaines on board I can't help it think there is a reason why they did this.  

Honestly I'm sold.  

Edited by DrumManTx

I said this in a different thread but it looks very Game of Thrones-esque to me. 

I can imagine a priest or something in that show wearing it 

35 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

(copy paste from my Reddit post)

Honestly for what it is.......it's the classiest spandex type uniform I've seen.  Super understated in a beautiful way, looks well made, and I'm excited to see what effect the gradient at the waist, the red around the forearms, and circle around the upper torso do from up top.  With Michael Gaines on board I can't help it think there is a reason why they did this.  

Honestly I'm sold.  

I agree.  It is well designed.  My brother is an illustrator and I was a photostat technician until computers took over then I started coking for BD 30 years ago.  I have been around art all my life.  Now that Cadet one looks very amateurish and the crown hat is ,,,,nvm  This one looks classy.  

Hey if the members like what they are doing why not support them?

I always disliked the "military" aspect and just listen to the music.  I think music now days is way better than playing the same tunes over and over because of tradition.  Let them express them self.

• Like 3