BD-when was the last time...

no it wasn't even close. it was about as good as the semis run. (just re-watched it again -- thx reddit :-) there were lots of tics. BD never seemed to reach that finals sparkle we're all so familiar with.

And man... it seemed Bluecoats cranked it up a notch or two Saturday. Kudos to them!!!

• Like 1

And man... it seemed Bluecoats cranked it up a notch or two Saturday. Kudos to them!!!

And then there is their encore run, looked to me even stronger than finals, especially visually. Saw a pretty high vantage point video today and it looked pretty clean comparative to their finals run, and of course the musical energy was off the charts.

• Like 1

So from now on, say they won the CAPTION on finals night.

You do know that's exactly what I've been saying the entire time, right?

I think I have some laundry to do... then a lawn to cut tomorrow.... :tongue:

You do know that's exactly what I've been saying the entire time, right?

I think I have some laundry to do... then a lawn to cut tomorrow.... :tongue:

You've said caption AWARD several time.

And then there is their encore run, looked to me even stronger than finals, especially visually. Saw a pretty high vantage point video today and it looked pretty clean comparative to their finals run, and of course the musical energy was off the charts.

Wow... I wish I had seen that!!! An amazing show.

Before the season began, my 'Coats friend told me their show this year would be unlike anything I had ever seen before on a drum corps field... and he and I go back to the Stone Age. LOL. He was right!!!

I'm guessing this is being covered elsewhere... but I wonder if this will be a template for other corps to follow in the years to come.

You've said caption AWARD several time.

Post those examples here, please. I'm doing laundry.

Can we just clarify that the Visual caption award is for visual performance, not overall visual. So, I believe that Bluecoats actually won the visual performance caption finals night, not BD.

Yea I can see that. They had a lot of energy but I notice crown tends to not deliver on finals night so much the last few years. BD didn't in 13 and lost due to tears.

Yea I can see that. They had a lot of energy but I notice crown tends to not deliver on finals night so much the last few years. BD didn't in 13 and lost due to tears.

Nevermind. Not being drawn into this one.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2