The Cavaliers 2017

9 hours ago, tesmusic said:

So if it is a show that you loathe the music, find the visual uninspired, and has a filthy guard, you'll be happy, as long as they are in the Top 3?

Wow.

I'd rather a show like last year, where it's well designed, entertaining, performed well, but not quite in the Top 3, but that's just me.

Haha I did not mean for it to come across that way. Of course, I care whether or not the show is actually good and entertaining. I meant I don't care what their theme is....you know how people love to snowball ideas. They should do a "blah blah" show. I do think them pushing for a medal is important though. The Green Machine needs to find it's place back at the top of the drum corps world. Again, I apologize for coming across as "winning is all that matters". I truly meant it as I don't care what the theme of the show is, not the actual production itself.

Edited by CaviesFan17
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

But that is your notion alone. Nowhere did CaviesFan17 say he hoped the show is not designed well, or is sloppily executed. That was your projection. He said he hopes they keep moving forward. I read that to mean, inherently, that along with competitive possibilities is great design, execution, etc. building on 2016. 

Yeah, I did not intend to come across that way at all. You can imagine my surprise when I get on here and people are roasting me for chanting "WINNING IS ALL THAT MATTERS" lol which is not what I am about at all. The Cavaliers are my favorite drum corps and I simply want to see them on top. Of course the quality of the show matters and I will likely love it no matter the placement....sorry for not making myself clear before.

• Like 4

I feel like Cavies are making a slow but steady comeback. I certainly don't think Propaganda was a one hit wonder. I'm also glad to see this thread back up and running!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripchops said:

I feel like Cavies are making a slow but steady comeback. I certainly don't think Propaganda was a one hit wonder. I'm also glad to see this thread back up and running!

I love Cavies, but I dont see them in the top three for some time (5 year min).  Unless that is, they get Gaines back, which I dont see happening.

Am I the only one on here that misses DCI  drills like this ?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Am I the only one on here that misses DCI  drills like this ?

Thanks for posting this.  I'm someone who has only recently discovered drum corps.  Since then I have spent a lot of time on YouTube looking at many videos of performances and I really appreciate it when videos like this are posted.  It gave me great joy to watch and to hear the wonderful music.  Simply delightful - a great start to my Saturday morning.

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Thanks for posting this.  I'm someone who has only recently discovered drum corps.  Since then I have spent a lot of time on YouTube looking at many videos of performances and I really appreciate it when videos like this are posted.  It gave me great joy to watch and to hear the wonderful music.  Simply delightful - a great start to my Saturday morning.

You are entirely welcome! 

• Like 1

My absolute favorite Cavaliers drill is essentially the entire "Samurai" show in 2008. 

• Like 2