The Cavaliers 2017

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

That is fantastic! I am looking forward to hearing some type of announcement from the corps soon!

Fantastic?  Super secretive is fantastic?  (I know -- that's not the part you were replying to but it was the last sentence!) 

I've seen a music thing here or there but nothing comes out of the Rosemont camp early these days. They tightened their hold on media because of a winter camp prior to 06 where DCP leaked the corps would be using piccolo trumpets. 

Also after seeing a music idea here or there I have no clue on the theme. But I think Michael Martin has some really cool things planned. Really glad with the new staff under him and Dave McGrath.

• Like 2

I wonder if their announcement will be at around the same time as last year, mid-to-late April. I hope we get repertoire before the show announcement though, kind of hypes it up in my opinion. 

On 2/28/2017 at 8:05 PM, BRASSO said:

I can see the Cavs possibly moving into medal contention pretty quickly from here on out. There is a solid upward trajectory from them the last few years, and the show design has gotten stronger each of the last 3 years, imo. So it wouldn't surprise me should this occur.

Sounds good but who will they beat? BD, Bloo or Crown? Easier said than done. 

Just now, Tobias said:

Sounds good but who will they beat? BD, Bloo or Crown? Easier said than done. 

I really don't know ( of course). But you are giving me these 3 choices, and you put a gun to my head to name a Corps, 'guess I'd have to go with...... Crown. I'm not predicting this, I'm just saying that with the Cavs recent seasons upward placements trajectory, it would not surprise me all that much.. that's all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Lets not forget SCV.

Man I sure don't get all the SCV love for a four seasons show.  It's probably the most Level 1, basic show design concepts in all of the marching arts. Heck doing a single season well is better than that!!  Talk about mailing it in :crazy:   I get it -- they executed nicely and Weber's drill is great but I think the judges gave them a gift in 2016.  Corps get called out for weak design and get absolutely slammed in placement.  They do Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall and get 4th ???  

SCV -- when they attempted a really bold concepts -- was so much fun to watch.  But IMO "Devil's Staircase" was the last time they even tried on the design front.  4 Season's, Imagination, Les Mis,  Planets/Phantom?  

Come on, man.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Man I sure don't get all the SCV love for a four seasons show.  It's probably the most Level 1, basic show design concepts in all of the marching arts. Heck doing a single season well is better than that!!  Talk about mailing it in :crazy:   I get it -- they executed nicely and Weber's drill is great but I think the judges gave them a gift in 2016.  Corps get called out for weak design and get absolutely slammed in placement.  They do Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall and get 4th ???  

SCV -- when they attempted a really bold concepts -- was so much fun to watch.  But IMO "Devil's Staircase" was the last time they even tried on the design front.  4 Season's, Imagination, Les Mis,  Planets/Phantom?  

Come on, man.  

Logically speaking, SCV has consistently placed in the top 5 for the past 3 or 4 seasons. Yes, they have been placed in that 4th place spot for awhile, but The Cavaliers (or any corps) should never over look this corps. I believe they are just one step away from finally earning a medal. 

Overall, I am going to respectfully disagree with your opinion on SCV's show design in 2016. I felt like it was musically, visually, designed, and performed beautifully. 

This is the joy of this activity as well... each corps can learn from each other with what they put on the field. 

Can't wait to hear what The Cavaliers perform!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Logically speaking, SCV has consistently placed in the top 5 for the past 3 or 4 seasons. Yes, they have been placed in that 4th place spot for awhile, but The Cavaliers (or any corps) should never over look this corps. I believe they are just one step away from finally earning a medal. 

Overall, I am going to respectfully disagree with your opinion on SCV's show design in 2016. I felt like it was musically, visually, designed, and performed beautifully. 

This is the joy of this activity as well... each corps can learn from each other with what they put on the field. 

Can't wait to hear what The Cavaliers perform!

On design alone, I think the Cavaliers have a much better shot at medaling than SCV.    They are certainly not just mailing it in! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Come on, man.  

I see your point, but this was a less is more show that totally worked for me. I guess it worked ok for the judges for one year too.

Many of today's design choices are too ADD and too thick and I feel it ruins the show.  SCV wasn't that way last year. It was just pure class.

They tried a pretty bold concept the year before, so this was a different direction for them.  Now, who know what's in store for this coming year and their anniversary?

Something old, something new, something borrowed.....   ??????