The Cavaliers 2017

Placement wise, I am mostly hoping for The Cavaliers to remain in the top five. I have a feeling that The Cadets are going to have a say in the matter.... obviously it is too soon to tell. Heck, we don't even know what the show concepts are for any of these corps we are discussing. 

Haha, funny thing is I really don't care about placements. I just want to be entertained! But to be fair I would love to see The Cavaliers win another title.

• Like 2

I have a feeling Cadets and Cavaliers will flip flop 5-6 throughout the entire season. Just my opinion though. 

I dont want to hate on the Cavies, because honestly I am a really big fan.  I think this year is a make or break year for many corps, Cavies included.

Just preseason outlook on "make or breaks"

Crown- Staff changes, need to see if they will recover.

Cavies- Can they stay at the level they were at last year?

Cadets- Will they have a comeback show, or is this the new Cadets?

Academy- Can they stay in finals?

Boston Crusaders- Will BAC become a threat with their new staff?

Madison Scouts- Can they return to finals?

Last year had alot of firsts, but this year could show what we have to expect for coming years.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I dont want to hate on the Cavies, because honestly I am a really big fan.  I think this year is a make or break year for many corps, Cavies included.

Just preseason outlook on "make or breaks"

Crown- Staff changes, need to see if they will recover.

Cavies- Can they stay at the level they were at last year?

Cadets- Will they have a comeback show, or is this the new Cadets?

Academy- Can they stay in finals?

Boston Crusaders- Will BAC become a threat with their new staff?

Madison Scouts- Can they return to finals?

Last year had alot of firsts, but this year could show what we have to expect for coming years.

I too feel like we are at the dawn of a new era.  We have a new champion/consistent medalist over the past three seasons as well.  There are at least 2 -3 corps other in the 7 -12 that have all the tools for a home run.  Some of rising names in the lower ranks as well (Mandarins, Seattle Cascades), a new WC corps, and an exploding Open Class in terms of quality.  

I have no idea what to expect and that's really exciting.  

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, DrumManTx said:

It's VERY tired unless you present it in an appealing way I agree, but a lot of show themes in DCI have been done before (western shows, statue shows, Pink Floyd wizard of oz shows, shows about film, etc) just gotta keep it fresh in presentation.

Agreed. There's very few instances that I think, wow, never seen that done before. It's all in the presentation.

Enjoyed Cavies last year, look forward to seeing what they bring this season.

Edited by dcsnare93

Anybody know on this Cavaliers thread the timeline when we might hear about their 2017 Theme & Music.

And Uniforms... anything we should know about any anticipated uniform changes we might see this summer ? Anything major or minor on the uniform front that we might see from the Cavaliers ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Anybody know on this Cavaliers thread the timeline when we might hear about their 2017 Theme & Music.

And Uniforms... anything we should know about any anticipated uniform changes we might see this summer ? Anything major or minor on the uniform front that we might see from the Cavaliers ?

Have wanted to ask this question for a month. But it seems like the kind of direct inquiry that only a Yoda-like figure (Thanks, BRASSO) can ask.

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I LOVED their retreat look as well.   

Their parade/retreat look was stunning. Wish they'd use those as their regular uniforms for a while.