The Cavaliers 2017

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I wouldn't be surprised at the same design with themed parts interchanged (sleeves primarily).  I LOVED their retreat look as well.   

My only complaint was the green they used.  It didnt really appeal to me, other than that though the uniforms were wonderful.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by BoaDci
Clarity and...Im Stupid

On 3/7/2017 at 7:01 PM, BRASSO said:

Anybody know on this Cavaliers thread the timeline when we might hear about their 2017 Theme & Music.

And Uniforms... anything we should know about any anticipated uniform changes we might see this summer ? Anything major or minor on the uniform front that we might see from the Cavaliers ?

Show Theme/Music: Mid March is usual reveal time for music or composers at least. Show theme usually comes Mid to late May as the group is convening for pre-tour. But these could all be pushed back as the new trend goes.

Uniforms: Will he the modular one's from last year with the show theme featured. Wait until early June for this, they are going to do the same reveal as last year.

side note: they are currently very focused on the 3 WGI ensembles that are in season.

Edited by littlejaw
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, littlejaw said:

Show theme usually comes Mid to late May as the group is convening for pre-tour.

They announced Immortal in early March, Game On in mid-April, and Propaganda in late April. However, I am expecting an early-to-mid May announcement because of the new trend as you mentioned. 

As long as it continues in the positive direction of last year's show, I'm good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been about nine months since we last saw them in Indy in August. But over the winter, The Cavaliers have been propagating additional programs like rabbits. With the announcement of The Midwest Connection, after the announcement of the coed percussion ensemble Crystal Lake Thunder and other indoor groups CWP and Chromium Winds , the Rosemont rabbits have been busy. Must be the bug juice Lugo's lads have been drinking from those great vats next to the Boo Jar.

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/cavaliers-launch-midwest-connection

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 8:01 PM, BRASSO said:

Anybody know on this Cavaliers thread the timeline when we might hear about their 2017 Theme & Music.

And Uniforms... anything we should know about any anticipated uniform changes we might see this summer ? Anything major or minor on the uniform front that we might see from the Cavaliers ?

With a member now sleeping here finishing his last year of high school, he seems to think it will be late April. But he's a rookie, so he could be very confused. :-) 

So, I commented, but I'm not sure I added much more information to the topic. What I can confirm is that their next camp is April 28th, so perhaps we will hear about Theme at  or right after that point. 

• Like 1

I happened to be on Musescore and I found a piece with the title called "Cavaliers." Out of curiosity, I clicked and listened. I wonder if that will be their opener this year...:silly:

2 hours ago, ripchops said:

I happened to be on Musescore and I found a piece with the title called "Cavaliers." Out of curiosity, I clicked and listened. I wonder if that will be their opener this year...:silly:

I hope you're not being serious. Musescore is a terrible site that people post awful transcriptions of shows, so I highly doubt the Cavaliers would leak their show on that site. 

Unfortunately, it's sites like Musescore. Sheeto.com, and other sites that have lead to more copyright issues for all levels of and genres of music.

15 minutes ago, ripchops said:

I didn't realize that at first, my bad 

Don't feel bad, at all. It's just that they wouldn't announce that way, especially on a site like that. 

When they do, it will be through their official website, or other social media outlets, I would assume. 

As for Musescore, I get what they're doing, offering a web-based composition program, unfortunately, many use it the wrong way. There is an option to report copyright abuse, which to be frank, any transcription on that site is, since they're not given permission to use the music, yet make it difficult to do so. This is a direct reason why DCI, WGI, BOA, and countless other organizations out of the marching arts have had to deal with the copyright machine and pay absurd fees.