The Cavaliers 2017

5 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

This time last year when Cavs announced their program, I wasn't impressed. I didn't think this staff had what it took to bring a show concept like that to life in a way that would really resonate and compete for a top spot. Boy was I wrong, and now I'm very interested in what they can do with this type of theme. Bronze medal, anyone? 

Anyone in the top 7, including the Blue Knights, could feasibly compete for a bronze medal, it's going to be very competitive, but this Cavs design staff has convinced me they're worthy, BUT - I don't think the brass line was all that great - I think a lot of other things carried them that far - let's see what the judges say about them - can't wait to see how it all unfolds, and can't wait to see them all this summer in person!!!!! Good luck, Green Machine!

Word on the street is that they've stepped up the brass so far this year, so the outlook is good that they'll be improved over last year.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

I'm excited about the Cavies again.  Last year was just fantastic from a design standpoint.  Probably my second favorite show on the field.

Can't wait to see what they manage this year.

15 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Word on the street is that they've stepped up the brass so far this year, so the outlook is good that they'll be improved over last year.

I've heard some small clips, they sound better than when I marched. So there's that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I've heard some small clips, they sound better than when I marched. So there's that.

Which years did you march?

Interesting that Mars was in the news today, albeit only as propaganda.

• Like 2

Did I mention how excited I am for this upcoming season? Of course I am going to wait until the corps make their way to Houston until I watch/listen to anything, but I just hope for some awesome competition, great music, and good times with friends. This is going to be a year to remember! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ripchops said:

Looking forward to hearing them at the Tour Premiere! 

Me, too. Taking elderly parents who will see drum corps for the first time. So hoping the Cavaliers put on a grand Cavaliers show.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Did I mention how excited I am for this upcoming season? Of course I am going to wait until the corps make their way to Houston until I watch/listen to anything, but I just hope for some awesome competition, great music, and good times with friends. This is going to be a year to remember! 

Your ability to avoid seeing the show well into July every year is insane. Lord knows I can't do it.

• Like 2