The Cavaliers 2017

I keep thinking about the bit with the Tubas.  Very nice!

I can not wait to see the show again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

So, would you say they have a legit tuba feature?

Soli, part of a whole bunch of action.

• Like 4

On 6/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yea, I've had access all along as it's gone on the field...so I can imagine a first run in uniform would draw nothing but a "Wow!" Can't wait to see it. Either later tonight or on Flo on Tuesday. 

Is there a link to Flo on DCI.org?

5 hours ago, The Greens said:

For those who have seen the show, what are your thoughts on the drill design? As we know, strong drill design is a great tradition of the Cavies... 

Lots of typical Cavalier moments.  Pretty modern stuff too with staging and all of that.

• Like 1

BTW, sorry I can't be more descriptive.  There simply was so much going on in the show that I don't remember that much of the drill; only that they're great performers already.

I was more trying to analyse the music. The hornline has its own distinctive sound that no other corps sounds like.  Crisp trumpets, nice full baritone/trombone/tuba sound with mellos in where needed for flavor, and my it's a nice flavor!  I find it refreshing that they're finding their own sound much like BD, Crown, Gino lines, Phantom, and SCV have done.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Greens said:

For those who have seen the show, what are your thoughts on the drill design? As we know, strong drill design is a great tradition of the Cavies... 

I haven't seen the show but...

In the Cavalier Alumni Facebook page they mentioned the timpani player wears a helmet during rehearsals because of all the action happening near him.

• Like 1