The Cavaliers 2017

I wonder if the pause right before the impact will be "The Cavaliers!" announcement around Finals time. Kinda like what SCV did in 2012 with their first impact. 

14 minutes ago, ripchops said:

I wonder if the pause right before the impact will be "The Cavaliers!" announcement around Finals time. Kinda like what SCV did in 2012 with their first impact. 

Word is there will be no preshow. Everything they do will be judged, meaning the introduction should happen before the corps starts.

• Like 1

Totally unqualified opinion, but I think the brass book is awesome. I was scared that it was going to be too.....Bluecoatsy (O Superman had me worried the most) But it is nice and complex and it goes somewhere. When the players get more comfortable with the show and clean up and project this will be something special. I wanted to see where the ballad was going... Really intriguing setup. Of the books I've heard so far, this one and the Blue Devils' amazing book pull me in the most.

The guard and percussion is very enjoyable.

I'm sure they will clean up the electronics and improve the script.

Good job! Looking forward to the rest of the show! 

• Like 5

They looked pretty good. The all-black was effective for the early part of the show. The guard outfits, while sort of weird and complex up close in the photos, are a nice contrast on the field. They all look stud-ly.

Too much going on for me to comment at this point. I was frustrated with the Blue Stars encore eating up time as the clouds rolled in. And it looked like no one had any sense of urgency. (The Cavaliers had to be looking straight at the dark sky while the rest of us had only a hint of it as we watched.) The Cavies seem to have a real job on their hands setting up props.

One quick impression: Blue Stars sound was much more robust than Cavaliers. Had the early impression that the Stars' arrangements gave them robust opportunities, more so than the Cavaliers'.

Second quick impression: Man, is that a lot of effort and talent on display, from members on up.

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

So.... spinning quads? I heard the drumline was doing some pretty interesting things, but this seems pretty awesome!

Lots of splits written all over the feature sections.

• Like 1

Saw some things I really enjoyed, some things not so much. Thursday should go very well for them.