The Cavaliers 2017

15 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am sure there will be a few changes here and there through out the season.

Yeah I feel like the "dude bro" part needs much more effective communication of the intent of the section. First time I heard it I couldn't even tell what was being said plus visually getting tweaked.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Yeah I feel like the "dude bro" part needs much more effective communication of the intent of the section. First time I heard it I couldn't even tell what was being said plus visually getting tweaked.

Hearing about and seeing pictures of this corps is really getting excited to see the show in Houston.

16 hours ago, The Greens said:

Did anyone notice how seamless the corp uniform change was? WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN?? LOL 

I also missed that change! Didn't feel at all like "run, hide behind scrims, layer back on to the field" at all. Very organic on and off. As for the show, it looks like it has the skeleton of a good show. Some clearer concept communication and some spitshine, and this could be a great show. I know there will be changes there, but the part with some of the corps dancing and dabbing and clapping on 1 and 3 and.......yeah that needs to change sooner than later. It was so good up to and leaving that moment. But boy howdy that part is so out of place and crappy high school band levels of cringe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THeShadeOfNight said:

I also missed that change! Didn't feel at all like "run, hide behind scrims, layer back on to the field" at all. Very organic on and off. As for the show, it looks like it has the skeleton of a good show. Some clearer concept communication and some spitshine, and this could be a great show. I know there will be changes there, but the part with some of the corps dancing and dabbing and clapping on 1 and 3 and.......yeah that needs to change sooner than later. It was so good up to and leaving that moment. But boy howdy that part is so out of place and crappy high school band levels of cringe.

Agree with most of it. But I don't think they are clapping on 1 and 3 because they are in 17/8.

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

17/8??? Oh geez lol

I know you don't watch videos, but in the spring training finale drum warmup they play that section of the show. The met is going and it almost sounds like a groove by itself.

• Like 1

Just now, littlejaw said:

I know you don't watch videos, but in the spring training finale drum warmup they play that section of the show. The met is going and it almost sounds like a groove by itself.

I believe it. I just can not wait until I see this show... good news is the Houston show is less than a month away.

• Like 1

That is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. #BroteinShake?!!!!!! Jeeeezus

• Like 1

Really loved the show. I think the eclectic style worked really well with their design and the show got some of

the most (intentional) laughs I've seen in my theater from a DCI show.

Also liked the use of the trombones for Mars/My way. They gave a really great orchestral sounding punch and they actually looked pretty clean out there marching.

posted from the DrumScorps app