The Cavaliers 2017

Do you even lift, bro?

So the Cavies forgot to write a brass book? Only memorable brass moment was their Mars hit which was stepped on by electronics. Their hornline was rendered irrelevant.  Last year, all the electronics made sense as the noise of Propaganda, this year it’s a lazy more and faster because it worked last year. The singing over My Way, barf, way too much. Anyone looking forward to listening to this show? I’m not.

There is no thought, no development to any ideas, it’s as if Bevis and Butthead wrote their show. I was waiting for a fart joke sound effect. It’s visual gimmick to visual gimmick, a superficial, shallow circus show. If we are to judge the intellectual content of a show, Fail. They just threw a bunch of 'guy' stuff in with no rhyme or reason but because you know, dude.

Funny that they guard uniforms with the orange on the side of the legs gave them nice, child-bearing, womanly hips

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 3

I thought it was the best show on the field last night. The show was fast paced and exciting. The music book was great and I enjoyed the Mars/My Way ending, thought I read that it is not the final version, of course. I especially loved the Close Encounters section. Very intricate. Guard is very very good. Waiting to see how the show develops further and how the brass grows into that music book. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

I thought it was the best show on the field last night. The show was fast paced and exciting. The music book was great and I enjoyed the Mars/My Way ending, thought I read that it is not the final version, of course. I especially loved the Close Encounters section. Very intricate. Guard is very very good. Waiting to see how the show develops further and how the brass grows into that music book. 

From a design standpoint, I thought it was second-best to Bluecoats, but I agree.  The bones of the design are solid and it will be interesting to see how they develop it over the season.

• Like 4

Thanks, cowtown. Agree with everything you said. The only thing I really liked was the fantastic execution of the guard. Design staff thinks they're much smarter than they are. Show was a seemingly endless nightmare and I wanted it to end

I am reading some mixed opinions about this years show. It kind of makes me feel like I need to see this show more and more.... either way, I feel like there is a great possibility for growth. Can not wait until I see more!

Does anyone know if I can purchase finals from flowmarching?

13 minutes ago, drummer5485 said:

info@cavaliers.org

Please contact them with your design pointers, I'm sure they'll see the error and put you on staff for next year.

or I could talk with them at Michigan City this Sunday, no charge

1 minute ago, cowtown said:

or I could talk with them at Michigan City this Sunday, no charge

Perfect.  Let me know how that goes!

Love that stadium, just wish there was more around it!

• Like 6