The Cavaliers 2017

9 hours ago, cowtown said:

Do you even lift, bro?

So the Cavies forgot to write a brass book? Only memorable brass moment was their Mars hit which was stepped on by electronics. Their hornline was rendered irrelevant.  Last year, all the electronics made sense as the noise of Propaganda, this year it’s a lazy more and faster because it worked last year. The singing over My Way, barf, way too much. Anyone looking forward to listening to this show? I’m not.

There is no thought, no development to any ideas, it’s as if Bevis and Butthead wrote their show. I was waiting for a fart joke sound effect. It’s visual gimmick to visual gimmick, a superficial, shallow circus show. If we are to judge the intellectual content of a show, Fail. They just threw a bunch of 'guy' stuff in with no rhyme or reason but because you know, dude.

Funny that they guard uniforms with the orange on the side of the legs gave them nice, child-bearing, womanly hips

Not a fan of this show at all. Not even close to their glory years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

@Hook'emCavies, I think based on what you seem to like you're gonna find a lot to like in this show.  I loved them last night and by the time you get to see them I bet they have more design details ironed out and it'll really start to cook.   Ignoring the show this is the best and most confident I've seen them in June in awhile.  

I think a great season lies ahead.  Not everyone is gonna like it but don't let that get you down, keep an open mind and just remember they were less than 3 points behind last years champion and less than 1 behind an INCREDIBLE Carlina Crown corps.  

I hope you can survive the anticipation!

Great post man! I am going to do my best to survive!

As an FMM I have three comments about Men are from Mars:

1. Play brass like men.

2.  Get rid of the singing in My Way.

3.  Play ALL of Sprach.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

2.  Get rid of the singing in My Way.   

Not an FMM. But still this. The tune is so good, a vocal so isn't necessary. Worse, it's diminishing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Not an FMM. But still this. The tune is so good, a vocal so isn't necessary. Worse, it's diminishing.

Yes that's true.  It will probably go away by the end of the season.  The corps has a good brass section this year and singing over it is, as you said so well, diminishing.  

With all that being said I always thought Frank Sinatra would translate well into drum corps.

• Like 2

I don't mind the sound byte "my way" tease. Can't remember, it might be right before Mars. It kind of sets up that section. But I agree the singing over the big hit of my way has got to go or at least be reworked so its to some lesser extent.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2