The Cavaliers 2017

8 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

I hope top 3.  I do believe besting SCV and BD as well as Bloo may be tricky.

I don't see that happening.  A repeat fifth place finish might be this corps' ceiling.  The music analysis scores aren't competitive.  

6 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I don't see that happening.  A repeat fifth place finish might be this corps' ceiling.  The music analysis scores aren't competitive.  

I wouldn't mind that happening. Remaining in the top 5 is still a great accomplishment.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 10:05 AM, littlejaw said:

They have Freddy Martin and he can get them to turn up the white heat at anytime they see the corps ready.

That white heat though.

12 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Well, if they can get the GE numbers up a bit that could help.  

Of course if they continue to layer the music more, they'll be fine.  I think it's too early to put a 5th place ceiling on them at the moment.  Their percussion is doing extremely well, and their guard is very talented too, so it is early.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Well, if they can get the GE numbers up a bit that could help.  

Of course if they continue to layer the music more, they'll be fine.  I think it's too early to put a 5th place ceiling on them at the moment.  Their percussion is doing extremely well, and their guard is very talented too, so it is early.

That could help.  The other night in Hamilton they sounded tight but more like a concert band than a drum corps.  Even when I marched with the corps we started out at medium volume then opened things up as the season progressed but I'm really not sure that's conducive to high scoring early on.  Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe men should sound like men.

• Like 2

Seems too early to get confident about captions and placements. But The Cavaliers have a great show and are starting to make it work really well. The guard is unbelievable. No guard scores from Evansville, but they were the best out there. Never quite seems their guard gets the credit they should, however. More challenging stuff going on than Boston, which also has a good guard but which seems to get hyped up more on DCP.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Seems too early to get confident about captions and placements. But The Cavaliers have a great show and are starting to make it work really well. The guard is unbelievable. No guard scores from Evansville, but they were the best out there. Never quite seems their guard gets the credit they should, however. More challenging stuff going on than Boston, which also has a good guard but which seems to get hyped up more on DCP.

I think there are lots of other corps that are hyped up more than the cavies... but that is just me lol

• Like 1