The Cavaliers 2017

5 hours ago, Guardguy89 said:

I can't tell you how much I love this show !!!  It has everything I look to in a classic Cavies show - great drill, an awesome color guard, fast paced, exciting and complexe !!!!   Man are the Cavies back in a big way !!!

Mike

Cavies '88 & '89

I agree totally.  Also, "Men are from Mars" is very accessible for the audience.  Everyone knows "Also Sprach Zarathustra," "Fanfare for the Common Man," "My Way," and of course the "Mars" theme by Holst. The percussion is the best I've heard in maybe a dozen years and the brass line is starting to bring some heat too.  As an alumnus I'm extremely biased but this show in 2017 is fun.  You can tell the guys are completely committed to performing it.

John

Cavaliers '80, '81, '82, '83

• Like 9

23 hours ago, E3D said:

I will be there but as usual I will be wondering WHY the F .... all these Texas people latch onto the Cavaliers! I have been dumbfounded by it. WHY not the SkyRiders from yesteryear or Crossmen......??? Cavilers the green gear hu???      

...because - 2000's Cavaliers success, David Bertman's ( University of Houston) use of Eddie Green brass pedagogy .  They got a LOT of people from Texas during that time frame.

Many of these Texas Cavaliers are likely now teaching in Texas schools and spreading the love for this corps...

Maybe more that I'm not recalling or didn't know about, but the above are big reasons there is a really large Texas fanbase.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I agree totally.  Also, "Men are from Mars" is very accessible for the audience.  Everyone knows "Also Sprach Zarathustra," "Fanfare for the Common Man," "My Way," and of course the "Mars" theme by Holst. The percussion is the best I've heard in maybe a dozen years and the brass line is starting to bring some heat too.  As an alumnus I'm extremely biased but this show in 2017 is fun.  You can tell the guys are completely committed to performing it.

John

Cavaliers '80, '81, '82, '83

The percussion is great this year and they are certainly on fire, but don't forget the boys did win high percussion in 2011.

• Like 4

The Cavaliers have been using a local high school for practice yesterday and today and because I'm resting at home after total hip replacement on Monday afternoon, I can't go watch!  

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Boston Crusaders score tonight makes me wonder where The Cavaliers would have fallen tonight in relation to Carolina Crown.  :ninja:

We'll find out Tuesday in Oklahoma.  Those lucky enough to be able to get there - GET THERE!   As for me, I'm going to give in and buy the subscription to FloMarching.   I have a feeling that many others, like myself, will be doing the same.   I'd prefer to see them all live, but I'm not passing up on Tuesday.   Going to be a barn burner for sure and I am tuning in!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

We'll find out Tuesday in Oklahoma.  Those lucky enough to be able to get there - GET THERE!   As for me, I'm going to give in and buy the subscription to FloMarching.   I have a feeling that many others, like myself, will be doing the same.   I'd prefer to see them all live, but I'm not passing up on Tuesday.   Going to be a barn burne for sure and I am tuning in!

Guess who gon be there. 

:88_raised_hands:

• Like 3

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Guess who gon be there. 

:88_raised_hands:

You are one lucky drum corps fan.  I'm jealous!   Nah, actually happy you get to go.  I enjoy your posts and look forward to your comments after you've seen all of them live.    Good for you, TxMan!