The Cavaliers 2017

4 hours ago, ohbaby said:

Maybe a impossible request... but would prefer Franks voice at the end... now that would be a even more significant impact imo 

...or no voice at all.

• Like 3

I just watched a video of the run from Dekalb. The closer is different. They also added another voiceover right before the ballad...

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 9:36 AM, ohbaby said:

Maybe a impossible request... but would prefer Franks voice at the end... now that would be a even more significant impact imo 

On 7/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

...or no voice at all.

YES and YES

• Like 3

The voice is essential

Someone said this before, but the ending is supposed to be apocalyptic, right? The show is an exploration of the (male gendered) "human condition," and warfare is tragically one of the fundamental tendencies of the species in general and males in particular. So you have "Mars - the Bringer of War" mashed up with "My Way" -- War is the way of man, so when we as a species ultimately destroy ourselves through conflict (nuclear war or just inability to cooperate for the common good), that is going out "My Way." You dig what I say?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FTNK said:

The voice is essential

Someone said this before, but the ending is supposed to be apocalyptic, right? The show is an exploration of the (male gendered) "human condition," and warfare is tragically one of the fundamental tendencies of the species in general and males in particular. So you have "Mars - the Bringer of War" mashed up with "My Way" -- War is the way of man, so when we as a species ultimately destroy ourselves through conflict (nuclear war or just inability to cooperate for the common good), that is going out "My Way." You dig what I say?

That's what I took from the ending too.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

The voice is essential

I disagree for such a ubiquitous voice and piece of music. 

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

The voice is essential

That isn't a bad description of the story. I think a few of us simply prefer to see such a familiar and iconic piece of music like "My Way" delivered by macho Cavaliers via their macho horn line. I don't think the story would be diminished by relying less on a voice sound track.

Somewhere, Frank Sinatra is rolling over in his grave.  :tongue: