The Cavaliers 2017

If I had a caption for most fun to watch award tonight in Broken Arrow.........these guys get it.  Those members are so so so entertaining to watch.  They're performers and the way they sell it is infectious.  Percussion was off the charts and guard is incredible too.  And these guys march SO well.

Also, brass line.  They might not be Carolina Crown but they sounded so much better than ever last year, the progress they've made is incredible.  Some really fantastic sounds coming out of them.  

Anyways.  Loved it tonight, can't wait to catch it again in San Antonio!  

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I bet cavies break 86 or 87 come Friday and beat bluecoats or crown... :) I can hope

Of all the things men are, we are dreamers too.

• Like 5

• Like 3

Congrats to Cavaliers Percussion(2nd) and Guard(3rd) last night in Houston. Both have been incredibly impressive this year. 

Now, I'm hoping the staff starts adding and changing more in terms of GE for the show. The numbers are starting to stagnate. Musically I've heard some changes (still need more) but visually and effect wise the show really needs more. The brass is what it is (hanging with the field judges need help from the stands) guard and drums are being very competitive,now the work needs to be done in both visual categories (clean clean clean) and GE. Two points behind the top 3 in GE is way to large a gap the staff needs to figure out what's going to help this show progress. Out of the top 7 groups I've seen the least amount of design change from the beginning of the season.

Heres to hoping they have something up their sleeve these last 3 weeks.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

I see some subtle references in the show that may be missed if you don't have context.

I'll leave out the obvious and point out a few more esoteric ones.  Cavaliers always seem to have a move or two referencing previous years shows and I saw one right at the beginning of the tenor spin.  The tenor on the right moves to the tenor on the left's drum and everyone else shifts to make room.  What is not obvious is that he does a skip and a jump with a stick in the air EXACTLY like the marimbas did in 2014.

And here's another.  I'll go of on a tangent but it will suddenly be "Oh yeah".  Did you ever read Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code"?  What's is the symbol for woman in that book?  Right.  How many times did you see triangles in that show?  You can do a "hidden Micky" but your head will explode counting the jungle gym triangles that featured from the beginning of the show.  "Woman" is acknowledged from the very first moment of the show.

And a really strange reference that is political in nature.  I know this is a stretch but I'll throw it out there.  Who knows what song was the  first dance for the first couple at the Inaugural Ball? Right, "I Did It My Way".

• Like 5

Great guard tonight. People in the audience just gasp at some of what they're seeing.

In addition, the ending is getting better for me. I need to remember each year all over again that June is not July.

• Like 1

Not surprised by the caption win, guard is fantastic. Incredible presence, staged well, running in, throwing crazy stuff and catching it like it's no big deal. Soloist in the end is a beast. Clear the whole corps is on it this year

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Not surprised by the caption win, guard is fantastic. Incredible presence, staged well, running in, throwing crazy stuff and catching it like it's no big deal. Soloist in the end is a beast. Clear the whole corps is on it this year

They were brilliant tonight.