The Cavaliers 2017

11 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Man, I love love loved this show both times I saw it.  Guard was HOT on Saturday.  So incredibly entertaining, the crowd LOVED it in San Antonio and Broken Arrow as well.  It's so exciting to see them doing so well, and I don't think they're gonna slow down.  Easily one of my favorites of the year.  

How do you feel about the final My Way hit in person? I've always loved it through flo, just comes off as a powerful moment as they march back field. Though I know many have distaste for the singing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

How do you feel about the final My Way hit in person? I've always loved it through flo, just comes off as a powerful moment as they march back field. Though I know many have distaste for the singing.

I really don't mind it, it has never bothered me.   I think it's pretty powerful too, the brass sure doesn't shy away under it.  

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that the MMs now take off their Aussies during "Little Green Men" and keep them off through the end of the show?

13 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Anyone else notice that the MMs now take off their Aussies during "Little Green Men" and keep them off through the end of the show?

Pretty hard not to notice it.

I'm hoping that the Aussie-less Cavaliers are just something that will stay within this year. The aussies are such an iconic look for them - it'd be a shame to see them without them in the next few years. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ripchops said:

I'm hoping that the Aussie-less Cavaliers are just something that will stay within this year. The aussies are such an iconic look for them - it'd be a shame to see them without them in the next few years. 

Taking off the Aussies works well for this show. When they get rid of most of the black in the uniforms the hats didn't help portray the change from up top. You notice a major change in the uniform with the hats gone. But they won't be getting rid of them forever.

• Like 2

Those of you with more scores expertise than me, do the Cavies have any shot at making up 2 points on BC or Crown? Or is their fight over the next two weeks mainly holding onto 5th and keeping it away from Boston?

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Those of you with more scores expertise than me, do the Cavies have any shot at making up 2 points on BC or Crown? Or is their fight over the next two weeks mainly holding onto 5th and keeping it away from Boston?

It would be a stretch to get to 4th, but not impossible. If the guard numbers in Finals week stay top 3 (possible/likely) and Percussion pushes into a top 3 position (possible, given the year) they could close the gap to the point where it comes down to the 4 person panels doing GE on Finals week - if enough of those judges take a shine to Rosemont and/or are tired of Bluecoats' approach, they might be within .5 of each other.

That being said, It's more likely that they're on an island, 1 to 2 away from 4th, 1 or 2 up from 6th. Not necessarily a terrible place to be for a corps that had such a rough stretch 2012 through 2015. But they're not going to push back into medal contention until the hornline is more competitive. They ARE improved year over year, so that bodes well, but they're still a year or two away from being able to play with the big dogs again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

It's possible, but I'd say the later.

• Like 1