The Cavaliers 2017

What a fun show! I am looking forward to seeing it from the top on Friday in Indy! I think I missed a lot being upfront.

On 8/4/2017 at 1:55 PM, Spandy said:

And the much lauded visual designer responsible for 2000-2006, and 2010, and the years in between, now works for a different corps

Yes, Michael Gaines is with SCV as a Consultant, but Richard Hinshaw is doing a fabulous job with this year's ( and even last year's) visual design.  Cavaliers are about a year away from competing for the top prize.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Big thanks to the Cavies food truck staff who donated leftovers from their Rome lot meal to us at Genesis.  It will all be enjoyed this week!

Bit of background - back when DCM disbanded, I got the chance to interview Jeff Fiedler for DCP to talk about it.  (Yes, I may have let my fanboy flag fly.)  One of the random stories he told though was about a Florida corps that basically ran out of food for a period of tour.  Cavies stepped up and fed both of their corps until it got sorted out.  Having done so much corps cooking the last few years, I can't imagine the looks on the volunteers faces when told they were now cooking for 350, but they didn't hesitate and the Cavs went above and beyond to do what was right. 

Not *the* reason I love the Cavs, but it's *a* reason.

Mike

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Bit of background - back when DCM disbanded, I got the chance to interview Jeff Fiedler for DCP to talk about it.  (Yes, I may have let my fanboy flag fly.)  One of the random stories he told though was about a Florida corps that basically ran out of food for a period of tour.  Cavies stepped up and fed both of their corps until it got sorted out.  Having done so much corps cooking the last few years, I can't imagine the looks on the volunteers faces when told they were now cooking for 350, but they didn't hesitate and the Cavs went above and beyond to do what was right. 

Not *the* reason I love the Cavs, but it's *a* reason.

Mike

Very cool.

i guess the school that hosted Cavies in Rome made them too much lot food so they were looking for someone to take it - we lucked out!  We served the fancy pasta today for lunch.  We meant to serve all of the fancy Italian bread today, but the raccoons in Indy had other plans for it last night.  They ate like one piece from every loaf.  It looked like a bread bomb went off outside the trailer.  Stinking varmints.

I saw a picture on a Facebook of the boys rehearsing and I'm 99% sure they're at Beech Grove High School right now which is confusing because I thought their rehearsal site was at Depauw. I want to see them tomorrow night but now I'm not even sure where they'll be. 

1 hour ago, ripchops said:

I saw a picture on a Facebook of the boys rehearsing and I'm 99% sure they're at Beech Grove High School right now which is confusing because I thought their rehearsal site was at Depauw. I want to see them tomorrow night but now I'm not even sure where they'll be. 

On their calendar it says Beech Grove with DePauwe as weather backup on th/fri/sat. They rehearsed on Finals Day Indoor at DePauwe last year because it was pouring rain. Hopefully the corps keeps us updated through Facebook and twitter.

• Like 1

I'm so happy to see the boys closing the gap on Bloo..it can happen..think back to The Cadets last year....But....I don't see the ending of the show changing...does anyone think differently? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Greens said:

I'm so happy to see the boys closing the gap on Bloo..it can happen..think back to The Cadets last year....But....I don't see the ending of the show changing...does anyone think differently? 

I think it might be a little late in the game to change the ending, as much as I'd like to see it happen. 

• Like 1