The Cavaliers 2017

Congratulations to the Cavaliers continued move back up the placement ranks once again this season.

• Like 8

Can't wait to see the 2018 version. The last two years have been terrific.

I know there are some who are turned off by style of these last two years' shows. But in the context of everything around them, The Cavaliers stand out. Tonight, especially after BK and BAC, Cavies got the crowd going in an entirely different way.

And it doesn't need repeated, but I will: Just really cool to hear Bluecoats announced 5th. The crowd did a double take. The green guys on the field went nuts. Leave it to the Cavies to give us the only big surprise at the end.

• Like 7

AAAAAhhh Heeeeeeeeellllll yeeeeee~!

I knew they could do it. 

And people thought they might get caught by the Boston crusaders..really guys?

Onwards to next year when they win the gold medal, percussion, and color guard caption awards. 

• Like 4

Pleased but not surprised by the result-- when I saw them in DeKalb they had absolute fire, energy, swagger. Nothing against Bluecoats who also had a great year and performed wonderfully. Wonderful what Lugo and Allen have done.

• Like 5

I am on a plane right now, just about to take off, the last leg of my trip home from Indy. There are a bunch of college age guys sitting behind me who attended a wedding in Baltimore. Dude, bro, and buddy are the most common words coming from their mouths. Cavies, your show is living on. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I am on a plane right now, just about to take off, the last leg of my trip home from Indy. There are a bunch of college age guys sitting behind me who attended a wedding in Baltimore. Dude, bro, and buddy are the most common words coming from their mouths. Cavies, your show is living on. 

Dude

• Like 2

I'm so proud of the Cavies for snatching that 4th placement from Bloo!! ...They did this last year with the Cadets towards the end (passing them)..now it's time to work into that top 3! LET'S GO 2018! (more brass/bigger sound please :) ) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Greens said:

LET'S GO 2018! (more brass/bigger sound please :) ) 

Amen!  The Cavaliers' brass line kicked it up a notch late in the season but I agree with you completely that there must be more volume to score well.  Right now our sound -- I'm an alum and I can say this -- is too baritone dominant.  It's like listening to a radio with the treble knob turned down.  If you listen to BD or SCV you'll notice some "sizzle" in the upper voices which imparts more energy into the overall sound.  When I played with The Cavaliers we occasionally put that "edge" on our sound but years later when I played with Maynard the "burn" was expected.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

when I played with Maynard

Very cool.

• Like 1